𝘍𝘪𝘷𝘦: 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘉𝘦𝘴𝘵 𝘍𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘥

Start from the beginning

"Fine, most of the time." Amber admitted. "We haven't really talked though. I feel like he is having the time of his life there and I don't want to call him and ruin that with my mood." She said. They had been trying to reach each other the last few days with no success. When Amber was calling him, he was out and when Tom was calling her she was either in class or sleeping. 

Rosie gave her friend a warm look. She felt bad for leaving for Europe, but she had an opportunity for a job and she couldn't say no. "How are you Amber?" She placed a hand on her shoulder. 

"Oh you used my full name, things are getting serious." Amber half joked, not wanting to reply to that question. 

"Amber..."

"I am fine, most of the time." She shrugged, hiding the fact that she was still crying herself to sleep. That she had stopped seen her therapist and that she was letting herself get lost in her head and memories more and more. "I just feel like I shouldn't have left Seattle. I should have been there for Mark, he needs help and my siblings... they won't ever know how it is to have a mother and I... I need to be there, you know?" And again, she hid the fact that she was just one step away from giving everything up and returning home. 

"I know that your step-dad and your siblings are very lucky to have you, even if you're not there all the time. Because working for your dreams is also important, and it's going to be very inspiring for your brother and sister when they get older. And for whatever's worth, they might never meet their mother, but you've met her and you can tell what a great person she was and all the great things she had done."

"I can't believe that your mom is the chief of a hospital." It was roughly a year and half in the past. Rosie was lying in Amber's bed. The teenager had just informed her that her mother had a promotion. "That's so inspiring. I want to be your mom." Rosie always admired Natalie since the moment she met her. It was because of the way she always looked confident; she looked like she was ready to rule the world with just one cup of coffee in her hands. And Rosie found that very motivational. 

"Well, the surgical floor." Amber corrected her as she was sitting in her chair by the desk, spinning around. "She doesn't own the whole hospital, although she could."

"She totally could!" Rosie exclaimed and sat up. "Do you think that we will ever own a hospital?"

"No..." Amber chuckled at the irony. "What?" She said when Rosie gave her a look "I'm just being honest. And you want to pursue a modelling career. How would you ever own a hospital?"

"I don't know, but you could be more supportive." Rosie told her, but her gaze drafted at the older woman that was standing by the door. Natalie had just returned home from the hospital and the first thing she always did when she returned home was check on her daughter. The one she couldn't bring to take care at least. 

"Hey girls!" Natalie smiled at them. 

"Hi mom!"

"Hi Mrs Turner, or is it Dr? Or maybe Chief Turner?" Rosie rambled. 

"Don't mind her..." Amber rolled her eyes at her friend. "She wants to be you."

"Amber!" Rosie shrieked. "Okay, yeah" she admitted and looked at Natalie who was just standing there looking at her friend's daughter as she talked too fast. "You're so inspiring. You finished medical school while you had a baby, and what a great baby this one grew up to be." She commented and flashed Amber a smile. 

"She did!" Natalie agreed. 

"I am so fabulous." Amber muttered to herself.

"And you achieved for much since then that you ended up being Chief. That's inspiring." Rosie added, making Natalie laugh softly.