"Long enough- Pater, please! All my friends are going to be there!" Sophie complained.

Allesandro sighed, "Fine."

The dish was seasoned beef and vegetables, seasoned with Inalian grown honey and peppers. Allesandro held the dish out of his already tall daughter's reach, smiling as she reached for it.

"Aunt Filomena sent us some bread. A new recipe apparently." Allesandro grabbed the two dishes and the bag of bread. Sophie pouted, but her father just rolled his eyes with a smile, "It's a pretty day out, let's eat out the back."

"You just want to eat outside because you don't want Ricin in the house while we eat."

"Am I that obvious?" he chuckled.

The two of them sat at the back patio of their little villa, their legs dangling off the edge.

"You know, Lady Nyoka asked me on a date yesterday." Allesandro started. Sophie choked on a piece of carrot, hacking and coughing to get it out. Allesandro gave her one well-placed smack of the back, which was dislodged. Sophie took a big swig of her spiced wine and wiped it off her lips with the back of her arm.

"She did what?!"

"Yup." Allesandro nodded, poking his food.

"And?"

"I said I'll think about it."

"What? Why?"

"Well, that would be a big deal for me. I haven't had anyone else in my life since your mother, Lia. And it would be a change for you, too."

"Are you... asking me if it's okay that you go on a date?" Sophie smiled.

Allesandro narrowed his eyes at her, "I'm your father, I can do whatever I want. I'm just saying, if I say yes, would you... be okay with it?"

"Pater, I love you so much, but Maria, Filomena, and I cannot be the only women in your life. You're turning into an old curmudgeon. If you like her, I'd say do it!"

"But, your mother-"

"Is never coming back, pater. Never. This may be the next step for moving on!"

Allesandro shook his head, "I know... too bad it won't happen."

Sophie shoved more food in her mouth, her eyes watching the sunset with content, "Whatchu mean?" She asked, mouth full.

Allesandro smiled, "Lia, stop this."

Sophie's legs stopped swaying. She turned to her father, confused, "What are you talking about?"

Allesandro sighed and shook his head, taking a few bites of his meal, "I've been dead for, how long now? Eight years? Nine? You need to let me go."

Sophie scoffed, going back to her meal while pointing at him with her wooden fork, "See this is why you need to go one this date. You are spending so much time working you are delusional-"

"Amalia."

Sophie froze at the harshness in her father's voice. She didn't look at him. She prodded the food on her plate and blinked back tears.

"Pater, don't talk like that. You are fine! We are going to go to the festival tonight, we can dance together, drink Martin's fancy honey suckle wine! I'll even buy it for both of us! Then you will go on your date with the High Lady. Everything is fine."

Allesandro shook his head, placing his plate aside and staring at the setting sun. Ricin trotted up to his companion's father, cooing and placing his head in his lap. Allesandro smiled as he scratched Ricin's forehead, "I wonder. Why did your brain add Ricin into this little delusion?"