Chapter 20

(Continuation from Chapter 19) 

Next day...

Morning! 🌞
8:25 AM

Isha sitting at the dining table, thinking about something... In her deep thoughts, Mihir called her name thrice, to get her out of her thought process but of no use.. so he tapped on her shoulder slightly bringing her out of her thoughts and said, You know thinking too much is not good for you... Isha just gave a small nod in agreement.

Mihir asked, So what were you thinking about? Isha responded saying with a smile playing on her face, I was thinking about how come the overprotective brother of my darling Mishti, got impressed by the boy she is in love with within just one meeting! And also invited him for dinner and one more meeting...Mihir smiled listening to Isha.

Isha continued to ask, So tell me what magic has Abir done on you? Mihir asked her, Why didn't you like Abir? Isha said, I liked him, he seemed nice to me... And most importantly Mishti looked happy with him and they both looked perfect together. I am just surprised at the fact that you being the most overprotective brother approved Abir in just one meeting...

Mihir says, Actually, the thing he did yesterday made me feel that he cares for Mishti and he is protective of her too, he seems to be a nice guy... After all, he is my sister's choice. Isha frowns and asks, What happened yesterday? Mihir started telling Isha..

Flashback...

When Abir went outside searching for Mishti, that's when Mihir & Isha entered the party and Mihir's eyes were searching for Mishti that's when Vatsal had informed him that she is out maybe in the lobby... Telling Isha that he will back in a few minutes he moved his way outside towards the lobby, as he entered the lobby he saw Mishti hugging Abir and he heard their conversation from which he got to know what had happened...  

Flashback End...

Isha asked interrupting his talk, Why? You didn't tell me about these yesterday! I will just go and talk to mishti and ask her if she is ok or not? You should have told me these before... Mishti also didn't tell me anything... Mihir calming Isha down said, Don't tell her we know, she didn't want to share it with us and that's totally fine...

Mihir said with a small smile, You know I knew mishti being in a relationship with someone... And when I saw yesterday her with Abir I was sure he was the one.

Isha looking at him asks, But I feel like there is something still bothering you, tell me?? Mihir gives her a look how do you get to know everything and says, Don't know why but yesterday, when we talked with Abir as Mishti introduced us... His eyes felt like they are hiding something... It felt like there was something about him he doesn't want us to know...

Isha giggles and says, You're just overthinking! But it's ok, as you are the most overprotective brother so, go overthink... Mihir says, Isha! I am not overprotective, I just don't want Mishti to get hurt anytime...

Isha says I know... That's why you were searching for Abir Rajvansh on Google and other social media platforms... Mihir frowns and says, You spy on my browsing history... Isha smiles and says, I don't spy, I was searching for something using your laptop that when I saw your search history and I got to know... So tell me what you found out about him?? 

Mihir says, Why do you want to know? Sometime before you were calling me a spy, and now see you are also so much interested... Isha says, Tell na...

But Mihir smiling goes away...

─────────────────────
ABIR's POV

6 PM 

Mishti and I were spending time together walking on the road talking, but not both of us were talking... Mishti was talking and I was listening to her keenly, adoring her, her beautiful angel-like eyes, her pink lips moving as she talked about random things... her hand movements which she did while talking about different things. I didn't like talking much but listening to her was something I loved...

Just then something disturbed me to look away from my sweetheart. My phone was ringing...

As it rang Mishti stopped her talk and I sighed taking it out from my pocket to check who the hell was on the other side... Looking at the caller id to be of Aarnav's he knew there had to be something important that he had called him when he had clearly told him that he was going to meet his Mishti...

I looked toward Mishti and said, Sorry! Sweetheart... I need to take this one.

Mishti gave me her sweet smile saying, It's alright! You go and talk... I will wait here...

I passed a smile to her and picked up the call... And remember to move at a distance from Mishti, as I didn't want her to get to know about our talk, as it was going to be related to my Mafia work...

I could hear Aarnav on the other side who spoke, Sorry! Boss... But I have found the one, who had tried to double-cross us... And you were right Boss, he is the one behind all these things... What to do with him now?

I smirked listening to Aarnav and said, You very well know what to do... But remember, not to kill him easily... kill him in the worst way, so that now onwards no one else would try to double-cross Abir Rajvansh...

Aarnav replied, Okay! Boss...

I felt Aarnav hesitating to say something else so I asked, Is there something else you wanna tell about Aarnav?

Aarnav replied, Yes! The diamond consignment meeting is scheduled for tonight, You need to come for that...

I replied back to him saying, I will be there... And after talking a few minutes I hanged up the call...

And turned around to look in the direction where my sweetheart was standing. And went towards her.

That's when the loud sound of a truck applying brakes came and a woman's scream followed it... With a little girl screaming, Mom!! I looked towards the main road to witness the horrible accident...

And then saw the gathering of people around the spot and I quickly called the ambulance, telling them to come fast...

I looked towards Mishti who ran towards the spot to help out, and I too went after her there...

By god's grace, the woman was not much injured by the accident as the truck driver applied brake at the right, but blood was oozing out from her forehead... And her little daughter was crying looking at her...

The ambulance came and started taking the woman to the hospital, that was when my eyes got moved towards Mishti, who was looking quite devastated from the scene and was whispering something non-stop with tears flowing from her eyes... I called her out twice to break her trance but she was not listening to me...

I touched her right shoulder calling her, that's when she looked at me with her teary, devastated face and spoke in a broken voice, Abir! Her... Her .. head... Blood... Blood... we need to stop it... Blood... What if the same thing happens to her... No!! No... as she screamed in a panicked state...

I called her out to stop her blabbering and calm her down, but suddenly she fainted, I quickly held her in my arms and my heartbeat stopped for a second looking at her state... 

─────────────────────

That's it for today guys! I am back, after a very long time... I was waiting eagerly to write again... And here I am again at my happy place.. doing my favourite thing..

Do VOTE, COMMENT & Share ..

Take care!

Bye... Till the next chapter comes up... ( Will try to make it come soon)

See ya .. ❤️

Thank you!! 💖