e l e v e n

| Q U I N N |

I wake up to the sound of loud banging at my door. I groan softly as a soft pillow gets chucked at my back. "Answer the door!" Jennifer hisses at me, her voice still somewhat groggy.

I roll my eyes as I get to my feet and trudge over towards the door. I yank it open to see a perky Cassie at the door. "What are you doing?" I yawn slightly. "It's like 7am, you don't wake up until noon,"

"We have things to do," she says in a singsong tone. "The whole class is heading to Alcatraz," I raise an eyebrow before I remember it's a fücking school trip. "So, get ready,"

I glance at her to see she's more than ready. She's got some light ripped skinny jeans on and a high-low black and white stripped shirt. Not to mention she has a bag lazily thrown on her shoulder.

"Yeah, yeah," I say, shooing her away. I shut the door and head over to my suitcase, waking up more. I grab out some black leggings and pink pastel knitted sweater with a light hood on it. I head into the bathroom, quickly stripping off my pajamas (a sweatshirt and gym shorts actually) and then pull on the clothes I just selected from my case.

As I walk out, Jennifer sits up as she yawns stretching her arms up and out like they do in Disney Princess movies. With her bright red hair, you'd almost mistake her for a slüttïer Ariel.

"Lovely the clothes," she smiles as she gets to her feet, tossing her hair over her shoulder. I can tell by the hidden venom in her face that she doesn't mean it. I ignore her as I head over and slip on my shoes, simple black 'flats'. They're not really flats considering they have one inch heels but they look like flats, so whatever.

As I turn around, Jennifer exits the bathroom wearing a tight teal lace dress that is practically designed to make her böobs look huge, which they're not. "Lovely dress," I comment, resisting the urge to gag. It really wasn't but it's what girls do. We lie like that to the people we hate.

She smiles and goes to grab her makeup bag while I just pull my hair up in a high ponytail, letting my side bangs hang down. I quickly grab my phone and a little floral bookbag with some of my things in it before I head out of the room and towards Cassie's.

"Yo," Cassie greets, opening the door as I knock. She moves aside, letting me in. "Love your outfit, seriously. How the hell do you look good in everything?"

I laugh softly. Another thing about girls, if we like each other we also add a fake 'jealous' comment after complimenting each other. It can be anything from 'Damn, give me your hair' to 'Stop looking hot please.'

"Where's Nina?" I ask, glancing around at the room.

Cassie shrugs, "She left a few minutes ago. Probably for breakfast. Wanna go?" I nod my head and Cassie slips her phone into her back pocket as she grabs her bag off the floor and heads out, me following.

The ride in the elevator down to the lobby is fairly quick and when we get down, my mouth waters at the smell of the breakfast buffet. I smell everything from bacon to donuts and god they smell good.

Cassie hums a tune to herself as she ends to back of the line, grabbing a plate. I do the same and we both start to prepare plates. I put on a breakfast sandwich consisting of eggs, bacon, and cheese and a bagel because damn they're good while Cassie grabs whatever looks good.

"So, you text Cal?" Cassie asks as we sit down at a table in the lobby near the window. I shake my head and she scoffs. "Hand me your phone,"

I grab my phone but don't hand it over. "Flirt and I'll hurt you," Cassie laughs before a I hand her my phone. She quickly heads into my messages and types away. She hands it back and begin to eat. I glance toward the screen to see a simple 'morninggg'.

I smile before setting my phone down and digging into my sandwich. "So," I pause to take a drink of orange juice. "Why are you so excited for Alcatraz?"

"You have your camera?" she questions and I nod. I packed it in my bag a few days before we went on the trip. I thought it'd be safer and it probably is. "A vlog in and to Alcatraz would be the best thing ever. If Cal watches it, it'd be like he went with you which would be fücking adorable,"

I playfully roll my eyes, continuing to eat. "So, when are you gonna ask to meet him?"

"What?" she wonders, raising an eyebrow. "Quinn, I'm a nice person. I'm not gonna plead you to introduce me to him. If he ever takes an interest in meeting your friends, sign me up. Otherwise, I'm good,"

It's odd to think Cassie is so fine with this. The only reason though is because she's treating this as if I ran into some normal hot guy at a cafe.

Once we finish up our breakfast, Ms. Tracker and fellow chaperone Miss. Johns round us all up. There's only 18 of us (8 girls and 10 guys) so it's not hard. "So class, are you ready?" Ms. Tracker wonders, earning all of our attention. "We'll be taking a bus to the ferry and from there we'll go to Alcatraz, any funny business and you will be sent off the island, bus, or ferry."

We all nod and soon we file out of the hotel into the fresh air. We all quickly make our way to a bus to transport to the ferry and the ride is almost two minutes, if that.

"Hey," Cassie whispers as she comes up beside me in the line to get on the ferry. "Doesn't Jennifer get sea sick?" I glance behind me to see Jennifer clutching her stomach worriedly and I can't help but laugh a bit. "Such fun,"

We all climb onto the little boat while Cassie and I take a seat near the back. "So, did Calum reply?" I shake my head, glancing toward my phone. He's probably asleep, the guy works a lot. Plus he's a teenage guy. "Can I tell you something?"

I nod my head, glancing down at the water as the ferry takes off.

"I bet you that at least one of the 5sos guys is gonna fall for you, Calum or not," Cassie confesses and I turn to her, my eyes wide. I quickly shake my head. "You're hot, get over it. You're also hella rad, so,"

I roll my eyes turning my attention back to water as I push the thought of her bring right to the back of my mind.

A few moments later, a voice comes over the installed PA system. "You're now free to move about. No running however, or roughousing," Cassie quickly gets to her feet rushing to talk to Nina.

As I get up, Jennifer makes a beeline for the edge of the boat, probably to throw up. She crashes harshly into me, pushing me to the floor. "Sorry!" she apologizes quickly before leaning halfway off the railing. I groan softly as I get up. I hit the floor hard so it definitely hurt.

After a while of me looking out at the water at different spots, the ferry pulls into Alcatraz and we all scramble off. "Hey dude," Cassie greets rushing over to me. "I saw you fall, you alright?"

"Yeah," I nod. "Jennifer just kind of 'attacked' me." She nods quickly. "I'm fine though,"

"Hey, can I see your phone?" Cassie wonders and I nod, before realizing it's not in my hand. I widen my eyes before Cassie calms me down. "You probably put it in your bag,"

As we start to head toward the main entrance, I pull my bag off to search it. As I rummage through it, my heartbeat quickens. It's not there.

"Dude," I breath out, trying to stay calm. "My phone is gone,"

Cassie's eye practically bulge out of her head when her gaze lands on something. I turn to see Jennifer with my phone in her hands as she types away at the screen.

I want to go over and punch her square in the jaw. Instead, Cassie does. The moment Jennifer stumbles backward, she snatches the phone from her and walks back to me, handing it over. Luckily, the teachers saw nothing.

I quickly go to my messages as my heart jumps into my throat. Jennifer had texted Calum to meet her/me at our hotel room in three hours. We'd be done by then so I'd/she'd be there.

The problem? He texted back saying sure.

Holy shït.

========================

Tbh, who likes Jennifer? No one, am I right? Anyway, next chapter will be even more drama filled so stay tuned.