🌺 CHAPTER FOUR 🌺

Start from the beginning

It appeared in front of me again, making me come to an abrupt stop.

"I need blood to survive. So choose, your family or you. Your father was already taken and now I need more." It smiled.

"W-what?! No! My father died because of an accident and not because of you!" I yelled.

"That's what you think!" It thundered and showed me a knife and a dagger.

"Your family or you?!" It yelled again.

"I choose––" Before I could finish speaking, the boy disappeared and I felt a sharp item pierce through my skin.

I looked down slowly and saw blood gushing out of my stomach. A knife was pierced into it.

My kneels felt weak all of a sudden and before I knew it, I was on the ground.

"I choose...you. Remember me always when you're gone, by name, Evan. Nightmares have real names too".

"I can't die, not yet. Not just ye...." I trailed off and everywhere turned completely dark.

"Oh My Gosh!" I shot my eyes open and stood up immediately. I looked around me and was glad when I realized I was still in my brightly lit bedroom.

I brought my hands to my stomach and felt it. There was no blood, nor a hole.

"I'm alive?" I asked myself. I looked at my reflection in the mirror and I wasn't in anyway harmed.

"I'm alive!". I cried in relief as I sat back on my bed.

I stood up again in search of my Bible.

I found it on my dresser and flipped through the pages, in search for Psalm 43, a bible verse my mother insisted I read every night before and after I sleep.

Vindicate me, my God,
    and plead my cause
    against an unfaithful nation.
Rescue me from those who are
    deceitful and wicked.

You are God my stronghold.
    Why have you rejected me?
Why must I go about mourning,
    oppressed by the enemy?

Send me your light and your faithful care,
    let them lead me;
let them bring me to your holy mountain, to the place where you dwell.

Then I will go to the altar of God,
    to God, my joy and my delight.
I will praise you with the lyre,
    O God, my God.

Why, my soul, are you downcast?
    Why so disturbed within me?
Put your hope in God,
    for I will yet praise him,
    my Savior and my God.

I dropped my Bible and picked up my phone from my dresser to check the time, I was too scared to look out my window.

3:00 AM.

"It wouldn't kill to stay awake for a few more hours" I shrugged.

I went into my bathroom, splashed cold water on my face and using a damp piece of cloth, I pressed it lightly onto my skin.

I did that frequently to get me relaxed, especially when I just had the nightmares.

I stared at my phone, clearly bored and still sleepy.

My fingers lazily tapped on the contact icon on the home screen of my phone.

I rubbed my eyes with my hands, trying to see clearly and tapped on Hannah's number.

I was certain she wouldn't pick up, but I was wrong.

"Hello?" Hannah spoke up, sounding very sleepy and tired.

"Sorry for disturbing you, but do you have a minute?". I asked.

"You realize we're going to school few hours from now, right? I still have two more hours before I start getting ready for school" She said.

"Please, can we talk?" I asked.

"You have just 30 minutes to spare and then I'm going back to sleep" She stated.

"I've never told you this before but I have really unusual nightmares" I said.

"How?" She asked.

"I don't know, I've been having a series of nightmares about this boy and he's really creepy. He's always trying to kill me in my dreams but he never did. This time, I died" I said, getting more frightened by the minute.

I heard her yawn loudly on the other end of the phone before speaking up, "Did you pray? It always works for me".

"Yes I did. I always do but it never stops" I complained.

"This seems like a topic that might take more than 30 minutes and I really need to sleep. We'll talk later okay?"

"Okay" I frowned. "Goodnight".

"Night". And I caught the call.

                                 •°•°•
"Good morning, newbie" Sara greeted, walking me into the classroom.

"Morning" I smiled.

"Hope you slept well because I slept great!" She smiled.

"Yeah, of course I did. You know me, always sleeping well." I faked a smile.

I walked past the students and to my seat at the back of the class.

Sara left me and sat on the seat at front, beside Nnadzwa.

I dropped my bag, put it beside my seat and rested my head on the desk, using my arms as support. Not too long, I fell asleep.

"Ejiro" Someone called. "There's a teaching in the class. Wake up!".

I looked lazily in front of me, my eyes widened when I saw a teacher standing at the front of the class but his back was turned away from us as he wrote on the white board and I stood up immediately.

"Good morning students" He greeted, raising a brow.

"Class greet!" A student said at once.

"Good morning teacher Uchenna" The students greeted in unison.

"Take your seats everyone".

Suddenly, the door barged open and Sharon walked in, her head held up high with pride.

Ignoring the teacher, she ordered a student at the front seat to stand up and I was shocked to see that he did.

The student groggily walked to the back of the class and sat behind the empty seat beside me.

"Sharon, this is going to be the last time you'll be late to school. You're the Proprietress' daughter is the main reason you should be a good example for your peers". The teacher said angrily.

"Sorry teacher, I'll try not to do it again" She played with her fingers, uninterested.

I stared at her, a bit annoyed by her attitude and turned to Nnadzwa.

"Why is no one sitting here?" I asked, pointing at the seat beside me.

"Oh, that seat is the golden seat. No one sits on it unless Sharon's twin brother" She explained.

"Why?" I asked. "What's so special about him? I bet he's as insultive as Sharon and has a nasty character like her too".

"He's quite the opposite actually. Don't worry, you'll get to see him soon, he's nothing like Sharon". She smiled.

"Okay" I said and faced the front of the class, but deep down I still doubted her despite knowing Sharon for just a day.

Shockingly, a part of me knew her more than I wanted to. I just met her yesterday, but it felt like I've known her for years already.

What a wierd feeling!