"I don't have a job, is what happened." I crossed my arms and sulked.

"How much was the dress?" He pulled out a drawer and took out a checkbook.

"I'm not going to let you pay for it, it was a ridiculous price anyways."

"Elana, I make 50,000 dollars every two days, how much was the dress?" He looked at me through his glasses.

He looked good in glasses. I didn't even know he had glasses, then again it's only been 3 days since we made our deal.

He watched me and waited for me to talk, "A thousand." He nodded and started scribbling on the check book. He teared the paper out and stood up.

He held the check out to me, "Go get the dress." He said. I stood up and took the sheet of paper. I walked toward the door and finally looked down.

"Wait, this says 20 thousand." I looked up at him but he was already closing the door to his office. I sighed and went to go get the dress.

~

"So he just gave you a check for 20 grand?" I talked to Gina on the phone.

"Yeah. And he acted like it was no big deal, I mean it might not be for him but this is 20k! Where am I supposed to put this?"

"Uhh maybe in a bank account?" Gina said. I rolled my eyes.

"Well obviously." I opened the door to my apartment. I haven't been here since the day after I got drunk and asked the Italian mob boss to fuck me.

I left the dress in my car so I could grab what I needed.

"Hey Gin, I'll call you back, I gotta grab some stuff." I told her.

"Okay love! Don't forget we have to go shopping again for our graduation outfits! I'll text you when!" She said.

"Okay. Love you bye!" I hung up after she repeated what I said.

I walked into my room and pulled out my travel backpack. I started to pack some clothes that would last me a while. Along with those clothes, I packed matching sets of undergarments and lingerie.

I zipped up the bag and went into my bathroom. I pulled out my toiletry bag and packed my essentials, including my vibrator.

I went back into my room and picked up my bag.

I watered my plants and packed away the dishes before leaving, turning off every single light as well.

What you're probably wondering is, how do I have an apartment with no job?

Well I did have a job, but I quit two weeks ago after my boss decided that the tips I earned were shared among all the staff.

I called bullshit because no one else had to do this, and they all disagreed with it as well.

He said it was only fair because I always make the most tips. Something to do with a pretty face and a nice ass, which is what made me quit.

I walked to my car and placed my stuff in the backseat.

"Where have you been pretty?" I looked up and saw my neighbor, Owen, standing on the other side of the car.