Chapter 14 - Introduce

Start from the beginning

"Why don't you just stay at the Pokemon Center until you can figure out where to go," he suggested to Ash, who thought about the offer. "I can give you some training and try to discuss your next move," Wulfric added after a moment of silence. Ash contemplated saying yes, but then remembered about the reason he was here.

"I think I just need to do whatever feels natural," he answered to Wulfric. "I appreciate the offer, but staying here would just feel unproductive, so sorry, but no." Wulfric nodded and smiled. "I'm glad you understand what you want," he said proudly.

They both suddenly turned towards the entrance as the doors to the gym opened, revealing two blonde Lumiose siblings. "Bonnie, you're back?" Wulfric asked, slightly surprised. "I wanna have a rematch," Bonnie said abruptly. Ash noticed that her voice was shaky and her face was red, indicating she had been crying.

Clemont, who stood behind her, said, "Bonnie wants to apologize for rudely leaving the gym," looking at her in expectance. "Fine," Bonnie said, annoyed. "I'm sorry for being immature and leaving after I lost. It's just... I spent so much time training and making sure I wouldn't lose today." She stared at the floor in embarrassment as she said this, leading Ash to feel sorry for her.

Wulfric turned to Ash and quietly said, "You can leave if you want without drawing attention by going through the back," signaling to a door that stood behind the large chair that sat at the head of the battlefield. As Wulfric walked over to the entrance, Ash silently thanked Wulfric for not drawing attention to him and revealing himself to the two, who hadn't noticed him yet.

Ash quietly walked over to the door that led outside as he heard the conversation between Bonnie and Wulfric. "I appreciate the apology, and if you'd like to rematch, then I am prepared to accept it," he said. "You aren't entirely ready to fight me just yet, but if you work a little harder, I'm sure you could do it."

"You think so?" Bonnie asked, looking up at Wulfric, who towered over the young girl. "Yes, and I believe..." Ash couldn't hear the rest as he opened the door, revealing the cold and snowy outside. I need to find out why I need to talk to Bonnie and Clemont, Ash reminded himself as he walked around to the front and stared at the front of the gym, lost in thought.

But how can I even do that without getting caught? Ash thought, the question plaguing his mind. If they know who I am, they might talk to my other friends, and then what? The same problem as before? He was truly worried about his friends' safety since he was here, and hadn't stopped worrying since his landing in Santalune City.

Ash, unfortunately, had been so caught up trying to solve his issue, that he had allowed himself to wait in front of the gym for too long. The entrance doors to the gym opened, revealing the two Lumiose siblings walking out. Ash's heart dropped as he realized he made the fatal mistake of something so silly: getting lost in his thoughts.

"I'm sure we can figure something out, Bonnie," Clemont said to Bonnie, who walked alongside Clemont as if her pride had been defeated. She brought her head up and noticed Ash standing across the road, staring at them. "Hey, weren't you just inside that gym?" Bonnie asked, pointing at Ash accusingly.

"Bonnie, you can't point at strangers!" Clemont exclaimed hurriedly. Even though they had both grown up, Clemont still occasionally got onto Bonnie for childish things she did. "I'm sorry about that, sir," Clemont apologized on behalf of Bonnie. "But she's right. You were inside talking to Wulfric before we walked in."

"Yeah, sorry," Ash muttered, trying to talk as loudly to give away his voice. "I'm just a friend of Wulfric's, that's all." Clemont raised an eyebrow and started walking towards Ash. "Something seems familiar about you. What's your name?" He asked suspiciously. "A-Aaron," Ash replied, his throat feeling dry.