"Alright so we'll head to Cairns and then catch a flight from there. Which, will hopefully save our collage diplomas. We should really think things through before moving to a different country next time." He laughs as we drive through Queensland, it rather beautiful but soon we have to return to reality and get back home. I really hope things have blown over, back there because if not- it's going to get messy.

While in Australia Cameron has been teaching me a bit of self defence, we took some classes here and there but by far my favourite had to be the knife corse. Learning the movements and the motions was so relaxing, something throwing a good old weighted knife into a cutout's head just relieved so much stress.

"How sick would it be to just walk around with a knife secretly strapped to your thigh?"
"Pretty bad ass" Cameron agrees nodding his head. I can't believe we have been here for 2 weeks- almost 3.  Getting my work shifts covered was a mega ass pain but I can't exactly work if I'm in a complete different country.

Jen went missing a while back, I will be honest I'm kind of relieved coz she was such a bitch to everyone but it also scares me how she just disappeared with out a trace. At least when I left I let people know.

***

Gazing out the side window I take in all the pretty scenes that are laid in front of me. I notice a grey  German Shepard dog in the back of a Ute and point it out to Cam while we are stopped at a red light. Both of us open the windows trying to get its attention with an array of random sounds. The people in surrounding cars give us weird looks.

That's when my heart drops. 6 black SUVs in a row, the windows so tinted I can't see who's inside. This can't be a coincidence.
"Cam." My voice shaking with fear as he too realises what's happening.

In fear I roll my window back up hoping they didn't see me but I already know it's too late. How long is this red light going to take.
As if on cue it turns green and Cameron floors it, so do they.

I'm officially in my first car chase and it's definitely not as fun as they make it seem in tv. Cameron swerves though the traffic surrounding us looking for any kind of side street as I watch the cars carefully in the side mirror. The first car begins rolling it's window down and out pops an all too familiar face, while still driving he pulls out a gun pointing it at us.

Panicking I grab the wheel and swerve the car down the first road I see, the bullet only just missing and hitting the right side mirror shattering it to pieces. Still only just on out tail he changes the target of his gun shooting for our tires instead, he's fucking insane.

With a loud pop the back tires go out making it hard for Cameron to drive so he has to stop but instead of running to safety I walk towards the danger, he also steps out of the vehicle followed by several other men all armed with guns.

"ARE YOU FUCKING INSANE YOU COULD OF KILLED US!" I scream at my past captor.
"Not us Mi Amore." He says moving his eyes towards Cameron who now stands next to me.
"You do so much as touch a hair on his head and I'll slit your fucking throat Ace!"
"Such colourful big words for such a piccolo ragazza." He tests. I'm not sure what he said but judging by the rest of his sentence he's picking on my size.

Walking closer too him, unarmed, I'm really testing my limits. Cameron grabs my wrist pulling me back and securing his arms around me. "Rose, don't. He has a gun, they all do. One wrong move and we are both dead."

***

He wraps his arms around her waist

He wraps his arms around her waist. That should be me. I should be protecting her. And HE better get his hands off what belongs to me.
Aiming my gun I shoot him in the foot so he releases my Rose, he falls to the ground she screams at the sound of gun shots, rushing to his aid. She cares too much for this useless boy.
"Let's make this easy Mi Amore just get in the car." I step back opening the door to my car.
"Never! Fucking bastard, leave us alone!"

"Now that's not very nice." I tut approaching her as her friend regains his posture once again standing, putting all his weight on one foot.
"GET AWAY FROM ME!" She screams and tries to punch me but I catch her fist. My eyes lock into her brown ones making me forget how beautiful she is. 

I feel a pressure to the side of my face turning in the direction it came from, her friend. He punched me, how sweet. I let go of her approaching him instead he backs up until he nears a wall.

"No where to go now cagna." I taunt and Rose tries to push me away, failing because of the size difference, he slips away. Reaching for something in his pocket my men move in. Nonchalantly I wave them off knowing very well I can handle these two.

Once again getting up close and personal with the boy I punch him in the nose, blood pours out. I broke it. I hear another scream from Rose as her friend gets hit. She reaches under her skirt and pulls out a knife? What the fuck? Where did she get a knife? Pointing it towards me, I give Mariano a look and he swiftly disarms her.

Returning to the boy I give him a solid shove pushing him to the ground. As I move down so I'm directly above him Rose does nothing until I punch him multiple times in the face. "Keep. your. fucking. hands. off. my. shit!" One word for each punch. Once again Rose is screaming behind me begging me to stop but I am far too lost in anger and hatred.

"Sir." Mariano pulls me out of my trans. Rose hiding her face in his shoulder crying. Only then do I realise what I've done. Her best friend lying on the floor covered in blood, his and mine, rearing unconsciousness. She clearly cares about him greatly. "Fuck, Call a doctor. Rose-" I go to her seeking apology but am returned with more screaming as she seeks shelter from Mariano. "GET AWAY FROM ME."

Mariano releases her leaving her damp face on full display. I feel awful, I try to near her again but she only backs away, her eyes glassy with tears as the ambulance sirens can be heard in the distance. "Rose?" I hold my hand out to her  but she only returns to het beat up friend. One of my men begins to comfort her as the sirens get closer I signal for us to leave.
"And the girl?" He asks.
I look at Rose, tears streaming down her face clearly hurt by my actions.
"Leave her." I order disappearing into my car.