chapter 3

"Adrikins!"

Yep. That's totally the voice they all wanted to hear. Totally.

Adrien couldn't help but roll his eyes before forcing a smile onto his face. He turned, only to immediately have Chloe cling onto his arm like a child begging for a balloon.

"Yes?" Adrien asked, trying to stay patient.

"I want to go to a fancy restaurant! Pick me up at 7!" She sang before she left into the school.

"No one will pick you up at 7!" Adrien shouted after her. He had to go on patrol with Ladybug and he wasn't going to miss it because Chloe wanted to go on a date (which he gagged at the thought of it). Besides, after patrol, he could visit his princess.

Wait. He didn't have to wait. His princess was- wait. Where was she?

"You coming bro?" Nino shouted. He was already halfway in the school and the girls were probably already inside since they were nowhere in sight.

"Oh. Uh, Yeah!" And with that, Adrien ran in, heading to his next class.

"Alright class!" announced Ms. Mendeleiev. "I will be pairing everyone into groups of two for a science project. I will call out the pairs and then explain the project you are assigned to."

Ms. Mendeleiev reached for her notepad on her desk and started calling out names.

"Mylene and Ivan. Rose and Juleka. Sabrina and Max. Marinette and Nathanael. Alya and Nino. Kim and Alix. And Chloe and Adrien."

Chloe was going to protest the instant she heard that Sabrina wasn't going to be her partner. But she cooled down at the thought that at least Marinette didn't get Adrien as a partner. She did!

Groans could be heard from Kim, Alix, Sabrina, and Adrien as they all wanted a different partner than the one they were assigned to.

"Oh. There was a mistake. I had forgotten I swapped two people around. Its Chloe and Nathanael. And Marinette and Adrien," corrected Ms. Mendeleiev.

"WHAT!" came a deafening screech from Chloe. She was outraged that that Maritrash had gotten partnered up with her Adrikins! And she was stuck with Tomato Head.

"Chloe. Don't even start. What is said is said and that is it. Now, to explain the project," Ms. Mendeleiev clasped her hands. Chloe could do nothing but slump into her seat with her arms crossed and an irritated expression. "This science project is very simple. All that needs to be done is an experiment. You can decide on anything as long as you and your partner both agree in it. Then you have to put or write the steps, procedures, hypothesis, conclusion, photos, and things used to put out on a tri-fold. Along with the tri-fold, you must bring the actual experiment in the aftermath. Now, get chatting to your partners about what the experiment will be!" Ms. Mendeleiev demanded.

The teacher busied herself by reading a book, ignoring her students from then on.

Marinette let out a small "oof!" as Alya had jabbed her in the stomach. Marinette glared playfully at Alya while Alya leaned in and excitedly whispered, "You got partnered with Adrien!"

Marinette let out a dreamy sigh that was suddenly replaced with a panicked gasp. "The posters! The posters!" She whispered to Alya.

Alya let out a chuckle, earning a glance from Ms. Mendeleiev that caused her to immediately stop. Once it was safe enough, Alya turned back to whisper at Marinette, "We'll figure it out. For now, just go sit with your husband! Mine is waiting to sit down where your butt is at now." That caused giggles to escape Marinette's lips but went unnoticed by Ms. Mendeleiev.

Adrien smiled at her when she sat down best to him. "Hey," he greeted.

Marinette gave a goofy grin before stuttering out, "H-Hey! W-What shall we do f-for the project?"

"Hmmm, how about... How Many Seeds In An Apple?"

Marinette almost groaned. She gave Adrien a "seriously" look. "What are you, in first grade?" She joked. "A harder one! Like: Is Copper The Best Metal Conductor?"

Adrien smiled. There was a hint of the Marinette she was when he was Chat Noir. "That sounds purrfe- erm, perfect!"

Marinette, being the oblivious person she was, didn't notice the Chat-like behavior coming from Adrien.

"Alright then. I'll meet you over at your house tonigh- tomorrow."

"Sounds g-great!"

Ring! Ring!

Time to go home and remove all the posters from her walls.