Chapter 30 - Anatomy Lesson

Start from the beginning

"Okay, see you later," she embraced him quickly before dashing off to her pottery classroom.

After their electives had finished, they met up at the school gate so they could head to his place.  Adrijan held Pe's hand as they walked to his family's bike shop; he lived with his aunt and uncle in the apartment above it, but this was the first time she had come over while the others were there.

"Okay, just...  sorry in advance, 'cause...  my family is...  kinda weird," he muttered, scratching the back of his neck.

"It's alright, I'll be happy to meet them," she said, smiling.  He pushed the door open, causing the little bell above it to ring.

"Добродошли- (3) Oh, Adri, you brought home a girl!" his aunt clapped her hands together in excitement as she saw them walk in together.

"It's about time," his uncle remarked as he put a cardboard box on a top shelf.  His aunt rushed over and took Pe's hands in hers.

"Oh, so pretty you are!  Such beautiful eyes you have!" she cooed, placing a hand on her cheek.

"Тетка (4)!  Don't be creepy!" Adrijan frantically waved his hands.

"It's alright," Pe said, "It's so wonderful to finally meet you, my name is Pe."  She bowed the gracious 30 degrees, "I've always wondered what Adrijan's family is like."

"So polite too!" his aunt cooed.

"How you get a girl like her?  You never talk about anyone from school," Adrijan's uncle approached them, wrapping an arm around his wife, "I am called Jovan, and this is Katarina."

"How long have you two been going on date?" Katarina asked curiously.

"It's not like that!  She's just here to help me study!"  Adrijan's face turned red, and he crossed his arms.

"Make sure your room has been clean before you let her in.  You don't want her get pregnant from sitting," Jovan joked, nudging Adrijan with his elbow.

"Oh my God, Стриц (5), that's so fucked up!" Adrijan cried, "Ugh, let's just go upstairs." He took Pe's hand and led her upstairs to the apartment area.  She waved gently to his aunt and uncle as he dragged her along.  When they reached his room, he closed the door and let his backpack slip from his shoulder.

"Aw, your family is nice," Pe said as she put her bag down next to his desk.

"Because they're in a good mood today," he muttered, "Usually they're just yelling at each other in Serbian."

"I'm sure it's just out of love."  She took out one of her notebooks and opened it to the pages where she had taken notes that day.

"I'm gonna get something to drink," he said, "Did you want anything?"

"Just water is fine, thanks," she responded, giving him that sweet smile of hers.  She was so cute.  He felt his face heat up as her smile replayed in his mind and started to walk toward the kitchen.  He had been craving the pungent taste of alcohol for a few days and knew his uncle always kept something in the fridge.

He won't miss a couple, Adrijan thought as he grabbed some cans of beer.  He put them on the counter and poured a glass of water for Pe, then brought those drinks and hers back to his room.

"Thank you," she said politely as he set it down on the desk.  "Is there a certain part of the lesson you needed help with?"

"Uh...  can we just review the whole thing?  I don't even remember what we were learning about..."  He took a seat in the rolling chair and opened one of the cans, the clicking sound resonating throughout the room and the signature scent of yeast drifting to his nose.  The metal felt like ice as he brought it to his lips for the first taste.  He sighed after taking a large swig from the can and setting it down on the table.