Noah coughed to cover up a snort, earning an unimpressed look from McCall. "Stiles, just, uh, just answer the man," Noah instructed.

"We made a good guess," Stiles said, sighing.

Agent McCall clearly didn't believe it, but he moved on to Scott and Kira. "What were the two of you doing?"

"Eating pizza," Scott said at the exact same time Kira replied with, "Eating sushi."

Scott and Kira shared a nervous look.

"Eating sushi."

"Eating pizza."

The third time was the charm as they slowly replied in sync. "Eating sushi and pizza."

Willow leaned forward so that she could see both of them. "Is that, like, code for you were hooking up?" she asked in a whisper that everyone heard. Both their eyes went wide, and Kira blushed while Scott cleared his throat.

Growing increasingly annoyed, Agent McCall looked back at Noah. "You believe this?"

"To be honest, I haven't believed a word Stiles has said since he learned how to speak," Noah admitted. "But I think these kids found themselves in the right place at the right time and that girl sitting there is very lucky for it."

"Kira, is that how you remember it?" McCall asked her.

Kira grew stiff when Scott, Stiles, Willow, and Lydia all looked at her, willing her to go along with the story they fed Scott's father.

"Yes," Kira said, nodding in agreement.

Agent McCall soon gave up on getting the truth and finished taking his statement. Once they were free to go, Stiles dragged Willow and Lydia away before his father had a chance to yell at him.

☽︎

Though everywhere was still out of power, that didn't stop school from going on. The blinds of every window were open to let in as much sunlight as possible. Teachers were also carrying around lanterns and flashlights.

Willow was grabbing her things out of her locker while Stiles pointed a flashlight inside so that she could see everything. As she was stuffing everything in her backpack, Coach came down the hallway, using his megaphone to make announcements.

"Class starts in five minutes. Just because there's no power don't expect there to be no school!" he shouted. Willow almost flinched from how loud it was as he passed them.

"That was a triple-negative. Very impressive, Coach," Stiles told him.

"Copy that!" Coach said, walking off.

"He's gonna have so much fun with that today," Willow said, chuckling. Then she glanced at Stiles. "Are you sure you're okay? No weird side effects from being electrocuted last night?"

"I promise I'm fine," he assured her. "I'm just glad you weren't the one knocked out for a little bit."

"But I heal," she reminded him, closing her locker. "Slower than Scott but still faster than you. I just worry about you."

"And I worry about you, so we're even," he said as he and Willow walked to his locker. While fiddling with the lock, he dropped his keychain, which Willow quickly picked up and handed back to him. Stiles eyed an unfamiliar key on the keyring, holding it up. "Hello. Where did you come from?"

"You don't know where it's to?" she asked, raising an eyebrow. Stiles simply shook his head. "That's what happens when you make so many unauthorized copies of people's keys. You'll remember eventually."