- 9 -

a few days later

jeongwoo and haruto had officially started dating, the news spreading quickly throughout the school. they would spend pretty much all of their time with each other, always holding hands or in some sort of contact with each other.

this was met mostly very well, everyone happy for the couple, but some took it badly.

specifically the 'queen bee', lee haerim.

"yah. park jeongwoo, you listen to me." she said as she glared at the boy in the corridor.

"hey, it's lunchtime, can i go eat and then you can spit your words at me?" he said, putting his hands up.

she scoffed and rolled her eyes. "no. now listen up. you stay away from haruto, ok? he's mine. it's really not that hard to understand," she said angrily, crossing her arms. "unless you're an imbecile, which i strongly suspect you are."

jeongwoo looked at her with a look of shock and disgust.

"haruto is mine, he always has been, and i don't know what went through your head that made you think that you could take him away from me, do you understand? stay in your lane. he's too good for you - you're just a lame and ugly guy no one knows about, while he's the guy everyone wants. and i'm the girl everyone wants, so we fit together perfectly. back off, haruto is mine."

jeongwoo looked at her for a second, angry, before scoffing. "thanks for your monologue, i will be going now. oh, and just so you know, i didn't pay attention to a single thing you said. bye." he turned around to leave, but saw haruto walking down the corridor towards them.

"ruto baby! hi~" haerim said sweetly, playing with her hair and batting her eyelashes at him.

"hi haerim..." he muttered as he stood next to jeongwoo and put his arm around his shoulder. at this movement, haerim instantly glared at them.

"ruto... why are you doing that?" she asked quietly.

"what, standing with my boyfriend?" he asked, confused.

she smiled sweetly at him and sent a small glare at jeongwoo. "no... why are you dating that guy? you're way better than him. he took you away from me! ruto, i thought we were something. why him? he's just a whore-"

haruto instantly got defensive, pulling jeongwoo closer to him. "woah, hey- he's not a whore, what are you talking about?"

"why does he get to date you? we were something! i love you! don't you love me too?! he came from nowhere, but i was always there! why him, ruto, why?" her tone was desperate, her eyes wide and tearing up slightly in anger. "i'm clearly better than him."

"you're not. back off haerim. if all you're going to say is things like that then i'd rather not talk to you." haerim merely glared at him. "he's infinitely better than you are. i love him, not you. i have never loved you, so you can get rid of the thought of us being something because it's impossible."

with that, he walked away, jeongwoo beside him, leaving her furious in the middle of the corridor.

"how dare you offend lee haerim you pair of pricks!"

~~~~~

"you wanna watch a movie?" haruto asked, his voice almost a whisper in the darkness of the room.

"not really..." jeongwoo muttered, his voice rough. "i just want to lie here with you and talk. or maybe just sleep. i dunno."

haruto smiled and pulled the younger up next to him, jeongwoo cuddling up into his side.

"you didn't keep your promise, you know?"

"huh?"

haruto chuckled and turned to face the boy. "last saturday. you promised me we would kiss later but we didn't."

jeongwoo's mouth parted open slightly and he looked away, clearly shy. at this, haruto smirked slightly and moved closer.

"you know... you can still make up for it." he whispered.

"oh? can i..." jeongwoo said, not making eye contact.

"lets play truth or dare." haruto started. "jeongwoo, truth or dare?"

jeongwoo hesitated slightly, but replied quite confidently with, "dare."

"i dare you to make out with me."

so he did.

•••••

ITS FINISHED AAAAAAA
aren't you glad i published it all at once 😉
if you made it this far, tysm, it means so so much to me that you decided to read this until the end <3

i hope you liked it :D i sure enjoyed writing it :)

thank you for reading 'i dare you', and look out for more from me!

-snooopiie