9

it was a great morning for kate.

the sun in the face. the warmth from it on her sweaty skin. while the fresh wind messed up her hair. she listened to the relaxing sound of the boats and birds in the morning.

she looked around her and saw that she's almost alone running down the alley of the park. it was amazing.

just a great start into the new week.

kate was never in her whole life so happy to exist. she always had something to complain about. or someone that she complained about. but right now, she is more than happy and grateful for how her life is.

addison makes her more than happy. because of her she wakes up in the morning. because of her she comes home at night. because of her she stays here.

moving to seattle was a good decision after all. kate doubted that for a long time. but meeting addison, mark and all the other people in this city made all her doubts go away within seconds.

kate thought about this morning when addison made breakfast for her. it was the sweetest thing for kate. addison brought her favourite fruits and made them avocado toasts. after that they showered together *wink*.

kate never felt so loved and wanted in her entire life. and she hopes this feeling lasts longer than it usually does.

■■■

kate quickly changed into her scrubs once she entered the attendings lounge. she made herself a cup of coffee and started to eat her breakfast consisting of the leftover fruits from earlier and a protein bar. kate looks through a magazin about heart surgery. just some quietness.

"long time no see." addison greats her with a chuckle walking into the room her heels making sounds on the floor. "you look relaxed."

"i am." kate smiles widely looking up. addison wore a black pencil skirt with a beautiful blouse. she looked more than great. "how was your day?"

"i had a surgery which was a sucess." addison tells kate walking over to her. "you?"

"i just went for a run. now i'm here and hope i get a cool surgery." kate replies finishing her breakfast as addison sat down in front of her. the two sat there in silence. kate reading the article while addison watched her doing so.

addison admired the quietness of kate. how relaxing it is to be around her. don't get her wrong, kate isn't boring or something. she's just so good at calming addison down and making feel alive and happy again. kate has this effect on addison that she immediatly smiles when she thinks of the little blond.

at first she was unsure about this relationship with kate, a woman. but now, as she got to know kate better, she couldn't imagine a day not being around this girl. she makes her heart go faster and her breath hitch.

"like what you see?" kate smirks not even having to look up to know that addison was watching her.

"i really do." addison replies causing kate to look up. "come here."

kate smirked put the magazin away and got on top of addison's lap putting her arms around the redheads neck.

in the last few weeks addison became more and more confident in her new sexuality and in getting physical with kate. she takes the lead more often which is much to kate's like. it took a while for addison to get to know what kate likes and it took a while to improve her skills in getting physical with a woman.

"you look awesome today, babe." kate compliments addison while letting her fingers brush over addison's neck.

addison smiles looking up at kate's beautiful eyes that held so much emotions that addison unfortunately couldn't read.