3

kate was always motivated in the morning. she loved waking up early when every one else is sleeping. she loved being productive instead of sleeping long. even on weekends.

she always did the morning shifts as a resident because she loved it. being the only one on the whole floor made her feel like she's a superhero. the only one who could help in an emergency.

she stayed active. working out. and guess when? in the morning.

"come on, sloan." kate screams over her shoulder running up a little hill.

she asks mark if he wants to join her morning run. he wasn't that fond of the idea but eventually gave in when kate wouldn't stop begging.

"i'm almost on top of the hill." kate shouts running even faster.

mark pants trying to keep up with the tiny blond in front of him. she was fast. way faster than him.

"i'm coming." mark pants running up the hill with all his strength.

when kate was at the highest point of the hill she stopped and looked around. seattle is really beautiful in the morning. she could imagine to like living here. at first she was scepticle about seattle. all the rain. she loved her sunny miami. but waking up with this view. she could try to love it here.

"i'm done. that was the first and last time we did this." mark tells her out of breath pointing a finger at her.

"you're already done? it was only the beginning." kate smirks. "but we can sit down for a while."

kate walked over to the empty bench. she sat down mark following. kate give him her water bottle which he accept gratefully. kate told him to bring a water bottle but he was convinced he wouldn't need it.

"you do this every morning?" mark asks after taking a big gulp from the bottle.

"not every morning. sometimes i do other things to stay active." kate smirks taking the bottle.

mark chuckles knowing exactly what she meant by 'other things'. those were his favourite things to do, too.

kate drank a bit before wipping her mouth with her hand. she looked around once again. they were the only ones here. there were a few cars, ambulances. but other than that nothing.

"i really start to like it here." kate says looking over to the water.

"seattle is great once you get to know it." mark says looking around as well.

the two sat in silence switching the bottle between themselves.

"i really like you." mark tells her looking at her from the side.

"really?" kate asks with a raised brow. "even tho we're never gonna have sex?"

"that's what i like about you. you're like a buddy who i can pick up chicks with." mark says casuing her to laugh.

"that's the nicest thing anybody ever said to me." kate smiles.

it was silent again. kate thought about last nights events. lynn and her stayed up all night doing it to each other. it was great. but a little part of kate always thought about addison. she almost moaned her name. luckily she didn't. that would have killed the moment. lynn had to go earlier than kate because of her having a morning shift.

"how was it last night?" mark asks her out of nowhere. she looked at him confused not exactly knowing what he meant by it. "addison told me you and that blond nurse left the hospital together."

that caught kate's attention. addison saw her? was she jealous? did she thinks that kate's a whore that sleeps with every nurse?

"how did she told you?" kate asks turning a little to see him better. she was nervous but also somewhat excited.