1

■■■

■■■

flying was never kate's favourite thing to do.

she didn't like being so near to death. it was like a cloud around her everytime she stepped onto this heap of metal.

the sound of the tires and wheels when the plane takes off is always sending a shiver down her spines.

she'd grip the seatbelt until her knuckles turn white.

she'd been told to close her eyes and breath but this was total bullshit.

no breathing will help when the plane crashes.

now, a few people might asks: why is someone who hates flying sitting in a plane?

the answer is as simple as the question.

kate is sitting here because of a job offer.

she has recently completed her residency and is now a board certified cardiothoracic and paediatric surgeon.

being double certified is the only thing in kate's life that she's proud of.

that's not a lot, isn't it?

but if you'd knew the life she had before you'd understand.

kate was always a disappointed for her parents. so therefore becoming a surgeon was the only way to at least gain a bit of attention from her family. especially her parents.

even tho kate is a real addict for her parents attention to the point where it gets pathetic and undignified, she's still the most confident, extrovert, opened person you'll probably ever meet.

she walks down the street with her chin raised in a confident walk, hips swayed and clothes that showed off what she had to offer.

when you'd see her walking down the street you would never guess what she'd been trough.

that was her superpower. to make it look like nothing happened.

friends and colleagues were always fascinated at how fast kate could switch between an emotional wreck and the professional person she had to be in the hospital.

they'd found her crying in a supply closet and in the next moment she stood in the o.r doing what she had to do.

kate's been thinking a lot about her past. what could she have done differently? would it change something?

the job offer came in the right moment. more right than she'd thought at first.

she came home yesterday and found the letter in her mailbox.

the sender was a certain richard webber from seattle. he asked her for the position of the new cardio and peds surgeon and she accepted it immediatly.

so here she sat in a plane on her way to seattle, washington hoping she could start a life she always dreamed about for so long.