Chapter 10: Wanted

Cassandra

The summit was in full swing. It had been a long day and Cassie had barely seen Ethan. He was in and out of different meetings and the ones he couldn't attend, Cassie did. She was grateful that she chose to wear flats today. The conference center was huge and there were different meetings in all of them.

She was grateful to be able to come to this summit. Her social capital was growing and she was learning a lot of good information that she could take back with her. It showed that Ethan really did desire her to grow within the company.

The last meeting was over and everyone was invited to meet at a local bar for drinks and hors d'oeuvres. Ethan shot her a text letting her know he was outside and waiting on her. Grabbing all her bags, she swiftly got up and walked out of the conference center. As promised, Ethan stood outside the black Maybach with one hand in his pocket and the other wrapped around his phone.

He looked good in his navy blue suit. She always loved when he didn't put a tie on, something about it made him look even sexier. Maybe it was because it gave off a more relaxed feel.

As if he sensed her presence, he looked up and instantly met her eyes, an adorning smile spreading across his face

As if he sensed her presence, he looked up and instantly met her eyes, an adorning smile spreading across his face. Cassie couldn't help but to smile back, his eyes trailed over her appreciatively and she felt her body warm up.

'Down girl.' She thought to herself.

"Did you enjoy yourself?" Ethan asked as he slid his phone into his pocket and opened the back door for her.

"I did." She said as she slid into the seat. Ethan closed the door and walked around to the other side before sliding in. The driver took off after Ethan gave the address to the bar.

"What did you learn?" He asked, his focus solely on her.

"Well for starters, I learned that you really need to get more involved with your employees." She stated. Ethan scrunched up his nose before waving his hand.

"I know my employees." Cassie scoffed playfully.

"No you know your managers and admins, barely. You don't know your front line workers." She stated.

"Cassie, I employ over 1000 people, how on earth am I supposed to know all of them? I know who I need to know." He said as his phone dinged. He grabbed it from his pocket and sighed before putting it back.

Cassie noticed but didn't say anything. Instead she answered his question, "Ethan, I don't expect you to know all 1000 but you can at least do a meet the CEO day. I don't know if you noticed, but your front line has a high turn around rate. I'm sure that's because they don't feel valued and they work the hardest."

Ethan looked at her for a minute before letting out a sigh. "Fine, you can lead the HR team on how to get our employees more involved with each other and me."