"It does raise a lot of questions," said Harusuke. "But if there are checkpoints, then it must be something pretty valuable."

"I'll go and take a look for you and tell you all about it if you want," said Naru absently, who appeared to be uninterested in the conversation. "Since my family runs a jewelry store, we've been given a special invitation to attend tonight's reception."

Umino and Harusuke looked at Naru in surprise while Usagi was anything but jealous.

"Aw! You're so lucky, Naru! I wish I could go with you!" she complained.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Meanwhile, back at the Tsukino residence, Luna read an article about Princess Diamond in the newspaper.

"Tonight, the final mystery of this century will unravel," she read. "Princess Diamond, from the Kingdom of Diamonds, arrives in Japan with the royal family's Legendary Secret Treasure."

She looked up thoughtfully, taking an interest in what she had just found out. "I've got to check this out," she said to herself as she left the house.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

In the Dark Kingdom, the news about Princess Diamond's unveiling of the treasure reached to even the ears of Queen Beryl and her court, and the evil queen herself had taken an interest in this news.

"The Kingdom of Diamonds Legendary Secret Treasure," she said. "There's a possibility that it could be the Legendary Silver Crystal."

"I'll check on it for you immediately, Queen Beryl," said Zoisite.

Then Nephrite appeared. "Don't bother," he said gruffly. "I'll look into this matter."

Zoisite was cross. "Nephrite, you stop butting in!" he snapped. "Finding the Legendary Silver Crystal is my job! I'll do it!"

"I'm responsible for all activities on Earth," said Nephrite calmly.

Zoisite glared. "That's a lot for you to cover!" he hissed.

Nephrite took no notice and looked at Queen Beryl. "I'll be able to handle it. Leave it to me."

"Very well then, Nephrite," said Queen Beryl, who wore a twisted smile. "If this Legendary Secret Treasure is indeed the Silver Crystal, with its immense power, we will finally be able to revive our Great Ruler, and the Dark Kingdom will become the rightful ruler of this world! Therefore, you must find it at once!"

"B-but, my queen...!" protested Zoisite.

Queen Beryl paid no attention to him. "Tell me, Nephrite, what is your plan?" she asked.

"I would prefer that you just watch rather than plan my agenda," said Nephrite. "Just wait and see."

And with that, Nephrite disappeared, leaving Zoisite seething with fury.

"Nephrite has failed every single assignment you've given him!" he snapped. "Why are you giving him another chance by letting him handle this?!"

"Because now he's being forced to succeed," said Queen Beryl, her eyes glinting with evil. "He's in a tight position, and he's starting to grow desperate."

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

After that, Zoisite, whose feelings of anger had now become sadness and bitterness, had gone to the only person he could find comfort. Someone who was by his side whenever he needed him. Someone who he cared about very much. He was tan, had long white hair, silvers piercing eyes, and wore the same general clothes as the others, but the trims were blue, and he wore white gloves and a cape. He was also the fourth member of the Four Kings of Heaven and Zoisite's lover, Kunzite.