Chapter 30

Me and Riccardo didn't talk that night, simply because I didn't want to say anything I didn't mean and also I wanted him to see for himself that she likes him and not me needing to tell him.

I woke up the next morning alone in the bed and felt my heart ache as I was hoping Riccardo would still be here.

I get dressed and go to get some breakfast before I have started to feel nauseous.

''Good morning Haley'' Riccardo's mom greets me and I reply ''Good morning'' giving her a sweet smile which she returns. She passes me a cup of coffee and I thank her as I sit down.

''Have you seen Riccardo?'' I ask her wondering where he was.

''I think he's in the office'' She says sitting in front of me.

''Is everything okay?'' She asks me giving me a worried look.

''Yes'' I say to her giving her a smile and making her worries disappear.

We talk a little bit over breakfast and it made me feel better. I was happy that I had a good relationship with Paulina and I already knew she would be a great grandmother and would be so excited for the little family member who will be joining us very soon.

I finish my breakfast and Aureliano enters the room greeting me and walking over to Paulina and placing a kiss on her head. I stand up and decide to go look for Riccardo. I wanted to talk to him about yesterday.

I walk up to the office and push open the door only to be greeted by not only Riccardo but also Gabrielle. 'Of course she would be here' I roll my eyes at the sight.

''Can I talk to you?'' I ask nicely looking over to Riccardo.

''Actually we were in the middle of a conversation'' Gabrielle says looking at me trying to sound nice in front of Riccardo.

''Did I ask you something?'' I say crossing my arms feeling my patience slolwy fade.

''Jeez sorry'' She roll her eyes and turns her back to me looking back at Riccardo.

''Riccardo?'' I ask him again in a warning tone.

Riccardo stands up and goes to come over to me when Gabrielle pulls him by his arm and gives him puppy eyes.

''I haven't seen you in so long Riccardo, she gets to talk to you everyday'' She says.

'Is she serious?' I think to myself and feel defeated.

''You know what, never mind'' I say now my heart breaking but I don't let it show and I turn around to leave.

''Haley wait'' I hear Riccardo call for me but I continue to walk.

''Enjoy your time with your girlfriend Riccardo'' I say now being so mad that I didn't care what came out of my mouth. I felt tears form in my eyes as I enter our bedroom and I pull out my phone.

''Hey Haley'' Bella's happy voice says over the phone and I break down.

''What's wrong?'' I hear her voice grow with worry.

''Gabrielle and Layla are here and I just feel uncomfortable ruining their reunion being here at the same time'' I say trying to hide the fact that Layla basically told me that Riccardo and Gabrielle were made for each other and that Gabrielle kept hitting on Riccardo.

I hear Bella sigh ''Gabrielle's trying to get with Riccardo is that what it is?'' She says as if knowing what was going on.

''That girl has had a crush on him since she was like 10 and still can't get over it'' She says annoyed and I feel better knowing that I wasn't just crazy and seeing things.