Chapter 23

Riccardo's POV:

I hear a gunshot being fired very close by and look around for who it was fired. Just as I feel Haley's body tense up I look at her. Her face now pale like snow and silent tears going down her face as she's looking down. Her hand on her stomach while blood squeezes through the gaps of her small hand covering the wound.

''Haley, look at me, you are going to be fine'' I demand her to look at me but trying to sound reassuring hoping I would ease her fear. 'Fuck this was all my fault, the bullet was meant for me she just happened to be in front of me when it was fired' I think to myself not knowing how I will ever forgive myself.

''Dante!'' I scream from the top of my lungs and wait for him to appear out of the container maze. As he runs towards us his face grow with worry.

''We need to get her to the hospital, NOW!'' I demand picking Haley up in my arms and carrying her while me and Dante run to the cars that were stationed nearly by.

3 days later

''You should go home and shower, get some sleep'' I hear Dante say from behind me while placing a hand on my shoulder.

''I can't leave her here alone'' I say going to look back at Haley who was laying in this hospital bed for three days hooked up to machines to help her stay awake.

''Me and the rest of the men will keep an eye on her'' Dante tries to reassure me with worry in his face not only for Haley but for my health as well.

''I'm not leaving her!'' I almost shout sitting up from the chair that was stationed next to Haley's bed and had been occupied by me for as long as she's been in this room.

Dante nods his head looking down and walks out of the room disappointed at his failed attempt to get me to go home.

Haley was shot in her abdomen, but luckily no vital organs were harmed by the bullet. But she had lost a lot of blood making her brain not recieve enough oxygen which made her go into a coma. The damage of the bullet was repaired and the bleeding was stopped but now it was all on her either to wake up or not.

I hadn't slept in days and God only knows when I showered the last time or had something normal to eat. I was a man who feared no one and everybody feared me, but right now, I was so terrified of her never waking up. Never once in my life I had cared for a woman so deeply before. Before I met her I used to sleep around quiet a lot, now looking back I am not very proud of my past but I would always come, fuck and then leave with no strings attached. But with her it was different, I wanted to wait for her, to make sure she was ready, I wanted to be careful when it came to her and her feelings. And the thought of other men even as much as looking at her the wrong way made my blood boil to the point I could kill them with the matter of a second.

Please wake up amore.

1 week since the shooting

Third person POV:

The halls of the hospitals east wing were empty and only people around were guards who all had worried faces that were displayed from day to night.

The room where Haley was sleeping was filled with prayers of her soon recovery and of course no other than Riccardo holding her hand from all day long.

A middle aged woman enters the room to see her son like she had never seen him before. She walks over to him and rubs his shoulders making his attention to go away from Haley just for a slight second and notice his mother was also in the room.