S1: Chapter 22: Battle of Myeong-Ye Tunnel

Start from the beginning

"Oh boy..." Shinji knew what he was in for. 

"What the hell are you doing?" Tony asked, crossing his arms, looking at the boy in disbelief. "What happened to--I'm not Spider-Man anymore spiel?"

"Things got... Things got complicated"

"Complicated is an understatement. The South Korean Government has begun asking why a North American based RETIRED. Let me repeat. RETIRED super-hero is operating in their country"

"Tony, go easy on him. He had his reasons" Natasha said, trying to calm Tony down. She looked over to Shinji who just looked dejected, feeling bad for him.

"Nat... You and Pete both helped him. Pete a little less... However, you were using SHIELD agents to not only operate in a country without jurisdiction, but also assaulted multiple NIS compounds" Tony's words held a lot of weight, making Nat retreat back.

"The same goes for you Shin. The South Korean government wasn't really gung-ho about you beating on their intelligence agents" Tony let out a sigh, one he really needed to let out. "So... To rectify some of the problems... The two you got out of the compound were returned to the NIS."

"WHAT?!" Shinji jumped out of his bed, looking at Tony with anger. "They're holding them hostage!"

"For all the president of Korea knows, you broke out a known terrorists family! One that the NIS is keeping under watch" Tony shot back, raising his voice. The tension between the two were rising, and it definitely started making Natasha uneasy. 

Tony took a deep breath, pulling the collar of his suit and straightening himself out; doing so to compose himself. "Look, Shin. Nat gave me the run down on the situation. It's not that I don't trust you. I 100% trust in your judgement. You've been working in this line of work long enough for me to trust whatever suspicions you have. But..."

Shinji also took a deep breath, nodding his head in understanding. "I have to be more careful... I drew too much attention right?"

Tony nodded. "I'm not going to stop you. More so because this country has never dealt with this type of threat before. You being the only enhanced individual means you're their only hope of stopping this.... What? Rip off Green Goblin?"

"That's... That's uncannily accurate..." Shinji narrowed his eyes, only just realizing that now.

"Besides... It's not like this is the first time we caused some international problems." Tony smiled at the young man, walking over to him and placing a USB drive on the night stand.

"What's this?"

"Data on where the NIS are moving the family. No doubt discount Goblin will show up and hit the convoy." 

Shinji picked up the usb drive, directing his attention at Tony. With the usb stick, he pointed at the billionaire with a skeptical look. "Did... Did you hack into the NIS database?"

"Maybe a yes no?" Tony answered, making Shinji and Natasha look at him odd.

Shinji just ignored what he said and pressed on. "What happened to drawing less attention?"

"Do as I say. Not as I do" Tony replied, turning around and headed towards the door. "Now. If you don't mind. I'll be leaving. I need to buy some bear thing called Ryan for Morgan as an apology."

Before Shinji could wave him goodbye he had already closed the door. Not like it bother the young man as it was a common occurrence with Tony. His attention then moved to Natasha, with her turning to him as well.