S1: Chapter 10 - A Harsh Reality

A/N: Hey everyone! It's been a hot minute huh? Sorry about the long wait. I wanted to get this done earlier, but life has a way of saying no haha.

Anyways, I'm just happy I can give you guys this chapter. Probably one of the longest ones, standing at a whopping 11k words, not including the authors note. 

Thank you for waiting patiently! Trust me, I wanted to update this too. Especially since you guys have shown me so much support. 

I truly hope you guys enjoy this chapter.

Enjoy reading!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Normal: Korean

Bold: English

Underline: Japanese

Italicized: Thoughts

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Move! Move! Clear the way!" An EMT yelled, pushing a gurney with his partner right behind him. Shinji laid their with a oxygen mask on placed on his mouth. His eyes were hanging low, focusing on the different parts of the hospital. Lights were going by like a blur. He could feel someone's hand on his shoulder.

"Oppa?! Oppa?! Can you hear me!?" He recognized that voice... 

"Tzuyu? What the hell happened?" His eyes wandered around and he saw Kirika, his heart began to race as he saw she was on a stretcher as well. Her eyes were shut, with the same oxygen mask and IVs connected to her. His eyes widened when the two were separated, and his super human  strength and resilience came in.

Shinji rolled over, falling off the stretcher, surprising everyone. Even more so when he managed to get back on his feet rather quickly. The young man began to limp, his eyes solely focused on his sisters stretcher that was getting further and further away.

"Sir?! Sir?! You shouldn't be moving!"

"How the hell is he even moving?!"

"Not now! Get him back!"

"Oppa! Come back!"

"Kirika... Kirika... You have to be alright... Please..." Shinji kept on moving, despite the amount of pain he was experiencing. He kept on moving, with people screaming his name from behind. His eyes began to get heavier and heavier. He felt his body about to give in. "Please..."

Eventually his vision slowly blacked out, and his body gave out. He began to fall but was luckily caught by multiple nurses and residents nearby. The last thing he heard was Tzuyu calling out to him, and the last thing he saw was Kirika's stretcher disappearing into a room before completely blacking out.

A few hours earlier...

"Wow... You uh... You bringing a lot of stuff huh?" Shinji was standing outside the girls dorm with Kirika. Him and his sister stared at Tzuyu who had bags and bags in her hand. The maknae awkwardly chuckled and nodded her head.

"Can never be too prepared?" She asked. Kirika and Shinji looked at each other and let out a laugh of their own. 

"Here let me help" Shinji said, taking the bags away from Tzuyu, lifting them with relative ease. "I'm surprised you made the food. Totally thought we were going to get take out"

"Well, it's not often we get time like this... So I thought why not?" Tzuyu answered with a smile. Shinji definitely appreciated the gesture. Nothing can beat a meal made from home, especially by family and friends.

"I'm really surprised unnie... You made all this?" Kirika said, circling around the two looking at the bags. "I didn't take you for a cook. I thought that was Jeongyeon-unnie's job"