34 II For if this is a nightmare, wake me up

Endlessly, George cried into the arms of his friend and let the world crash down on him. It was good to know that Dream was there to rub his back and just exist, for him to hold.

Dream could never hear the sorrows, but he could see them and he could feel them as if they were the wind playing with his hair or messing with the deep blue.

Dream would always be there for his friend. After-all, George had been there for him, it was only right to return the favour. And because, though he had admitted it a long time ago, words would never describe how much he cared for the brunette.

The dirty-blond had stopped feeling the brunette shiver in his grip and he felt that something was wrong. He glanced down at the shattered figure and his eyes softened when his emerald eyes met George.

His form was tired, from years of fighting his own mind, something he had lost control of a long time ago. He was still shivering in fear from something that didn't exist. Not here, anyways.

Dream hugged him harder, rubbing circles on his back, hoping it would soothe the brunette.

Hopefully it did. He couldn't loose anyone else to horrible people who crashed under the pressure of the world, the pressure that humanity itself created and would hold onto for dear life for reasons nobody could explain.

George shifted under his grip, and he felt him pulling away. Dream longed to hold him for longer, because he knew that was what the brunette needed at the moment.

But he guessed the other knew better.

I'm sorry. Now, Dream could see, the distraught and abuse he had fallen victim to from not only his taunting mind but time and faith leaving him and replacing it with harsh brutality.

Why would you be sorry? It's not your fault people are mean. He replied, his words true.

I'm sorry for crying.

You're sorry for expressing emotions? It's completely fine! There's no need to be sorry!

George's brown eyes finally met his. Dream grinned at him. He always grinned. Because even if he was sad, the worst feeling he could possibly feel, a smile always seemed to cheer everyone up. His mother, his sister. Friends.

They needed positivity. If a human doesn't have that they shall wallow in despair, falling deeper and deeper into they're mind, with nobody to call on for help.

George turned and looked around him. Where are they?

Dream scratched the back of his head. In truth, he kind of told them something along the lines of 'fuck off' and 'stop hurting my friend'.

I kind of told them to leave. Never come back. Stop being mean. Things like that.

You didn't. No way.

Dream nodded. They told me about- He paused wondering if he should say it. -About you're situation. But, we've got it handled.

No way, I don't believe you. George held his hands to his face in a grin.

We're kind of- maybe- going to the principal and telling them about it? Dream grinned apologetically.

So they'll be expelled? George asked, and the other nodded. George couldn't believe what he was seeing, it looked, and Dream only felt as happy as he could, seeing him like that.

I don't believe you. It's like we're in a film. George replied.

You better believe it, because it's real! I assure you. It's not a dream- before he could finish George threw him into a hug and Dream felt as if he was soaring through the sky.

He was happy. His friend was happy. They wouldn't have a bother anymore, they wouldn't be judged by her.

George looked up at him, grinning. He pushed his head into his chest, and Dream felt his heart flutter. Slowly, the blond took his wrists and wrapped his hands around the others, intertwining them.

Hands. Dream signed, two pair of hands together.

Hands. The other smiled.

Dream placed his and George's hand towards his heart and looked to the ground, embarrassed. He really just wanted to speak, hear, so he could tell George how much he cared for him and he could hear George saying it wasn't true, because he knew that the brunette had a hard time expressing it, so-

Dream looked back at George. I really like you. And I know you don't have to say it back, because I know that you can't comprehend it. But I really like you.

George was flustered. He looked away from Dream muttering something. If the blond would guess, he would say that George was in denial.

I- I do too. I'm sorry I can't say it. But Dream only grinned and looked down at him with love in his eyes.

He lifted George's chin and pressed his lips on his. The kiss was slow and passionate, but it was all that Dream needed to make his heart flutter. Slowly, he pushed away so the two could breath, and the blond felt like the happiest man in the world.

He saw George smile, flustered. He squeezed his hands thrice in response, and the blond couldn't help but smile.

What did he do, to be blessed with an Angel.

——————————

Home : Phillip Phillips - https://youtu.be/OTg1n95--KE

LETS GOO SHE'S GONE

my god, I hated writing her

Two more chapters left. I'm sorry if this sucked, it was the most awkward thing to write because I lack the basic knowledge on writing relationships but- Finallllly eyyyyyy

-twig