"I know baby, but you're doing incredible and have to keep it up for a little bit longer," he says making me sigh

"I know, but I hate this already and I've only been here for an hour," I sigh, rubbing my stomach. "And I'm about to have a contraction," I sigh, feeling it coming. I screw my eyes shut and labour breathe, Niall rubbing my arm and kissing my hand still.

"Just breathe," he coos though my pain.

When the pain subsides, I huff and toss my head back. I groan and roll over so I face him. The nurse comes in with a cup of ice chips and a black plastic spoon, handing them to Niall. "You won't be able to eat, but we have ice chips are the only thing on the menu," she informs us. I know why she's here I roll onto my back and prop my knees up that were covered by a white sheet.

"3 centimetres," she feels around, nodding in confirmation.

"Great," I roll my eyes out of annoyance.

"How long will she be here for?" Niall asks.

"That just depends on everything, I would like to do a quick ultrasound, is that okay?" she asks.

"Yeah," I nod.

"Great," she smiles, walking over to the corner of the room while I lift my gown up over my bump and cover my naked self with the sheet. She wheels over the machine while holding a bottle of gel at the same time.

She squeezes a small amount of gel on my lower stomach, grabbing the wand. She places the wand on my stomach and puts the screen in her view. She turns it on and a rapid heartbeat fills the room which means whoever's down there is alive. She moves the wand to the side and yet another rapid heartbeat fills the room making me sigh in relief knowing both of them were okay.

"Your boy is near the entrance, your little girl is squished in the corner because of him near the entrance so we need to make sure she keeps moving towards the entrance," she informs us, pointing to Blake, Ruby and then back to Blake.

"What if she doesn't move?"

"A caesarean section - commonly known as a C- section, will be in order because you and her will be at risk, but hopefully she's listening to us right now and starts to get on the move the lower he drops," she explains making us both nod. "Other than that, it's all looking good," she smiles.

"Well that's good,"

She turns the machine off and puts my legs down abs hands me some paper towel t wipe my stomach. "If you feel anything, press this button and I'll come to you but until then, I'll come check on you in an hour,"

"Thank you," Niall says on behalf of us.

**

3 hours, 6 centimetres, baby dropping and my mom have all happened.  She's been here for almost 2 hours because she just won't leave because these are her first grandchildren.

I've had many contractions and they were getting more frequent and painful so I knew I was close and when my doctor told me I was 6 centimetres, it made sense.

We called the guys and they would be over soon. Niall and I facetimed his family considering they were back in Ireland. They were supportive of course, even half the world away.

I was in a lot of pain and it was only getting worse.

"Baby, do you want some pain killers? I hate seeing you in pain," Niall now sits on the bed with me while my mom goes to get some food from the vending machines all the way down in the lobby.

"No," I shake my head, leaning into him. "I'll be fine, I am fine," I assure him by pecking his lips.

He sighs. "Are you sure?"

"Yes," I nod, cupping his jaw. "I'm coping just fine,"

My mom comes back in with the nurse again. "Miss. Miller, are you sure we can't offer you any pain relief?"

"She won't take anything," my mom says, feeding me ice chips. I crunch on the ice, staring at the roof.

"From personal experiences, an epidural is the best, and I highly suggest one," she explains.

I shake my head.

"I don't want anything, I can deal with this," I sigh, shaking my head.

"Okay," she nods, giving up and because she knows it's my choice.

I swallow and rest my head on Niall's shoulder, closing my eyes out of pure exhaustion. I feel his lips press to mine as I slowly drift off into the only bit of sleep I've gotten these past few weeks.

//

alrighty-o im not gon lie, im happy this book is nearly over so i can focus on my new book called 'the cabin' if you want to go check it out that would mean the world to me <3

also, im not a doctor and have no idea so im probably making this up