30 📞 why she's mad at disney

Bold - Jungwon

Italic - You

☏ ⚊ ☏

With a large amount of hesitation in her whole body, Y/N opened the door and in front of her, stood Jungwon, looking so stressed. He doesn't wait for her to let him in voluntarily and he pushed her more before locking the door as he walked in.

And as the complaints and knocks from the outside echoed in the other side of the door, Y/N understood why.

She sat herself in the bed and he on the small chair before the vanity mirror of Heeseung. Both of them didn't dare to say anything.

The only sound coming was the chirps of the birds in the form of Enhypen members against one another. Heeseung and Jay with Jake was trying to hold off Sunghoon, Sunoo and Ni-ki from opening the door to themselves.

In other words, there's a building up silly riot among them.

What should I say to him?, Y/N thought, closing her eyes to find something to talk about. It was easy to do that before, but spending more time with Jungwon was kinda making it harder.

Fortunately for her, he spoke first, "You've noticed how they wouldn't stop?"

Y/N open her eyes and looked at him, "Yes, kind of. Why?"

"They really wanted you for me.. To have like my own relief after a long day", Jungwon dryly chuckled, and scratched his arm.

It was strange even to him how he sounded so different in this moment, how unsure he was, which was the very complete opposite of him in usual times.

When she didn't answer, he continued, "It's the funniest reason really. But Jay hyung said it's about time I have to get someone who'll be there if everything is too much in our world"

"Oh, why? Why are you telling me this?"

"I don't know. Maybe I'd like to be honest with you even in personal, so you could grow more comfortable with me", he said, messing his hair due to some nerves.

Then he stood up and sat himself beside her, making Y/N forgot how to breath for a second in their small distance from one another.

Y/N still offered him a smile, though, "I can be that for you. I mean, we're friends, right?"

Another silence came between the two of them and Y/N started to overthink. He's being honest to her, isn't it fair she do the same?

Well, it was his choice to do so. It's not like she'll have the courage to say it in his face, that being this close to him was doing things to her heart.

"You asked me what's the deal with my love for Disney right?", she said then he nodded, "My grandma, she cared for me until I'm ten and we used to spend our time watching Disney movies. She also read books to me like Alice In Wonderland, and she likes to believe there's something magical in this world.."

Jungwon was then shocked to see how she's blinking repeatedly to stop what looks like tears.

"Not literally, but figuratively. My lifetime promise to her is that I'll bring her to Disney myself.."

"And then what?"

"She died when I turned eleven and I'm mad at Disney for that.. For finally showing me the reality he was talking about"

Instead of answering, Jungwon hugged her. She was startled at first but she returned it by leaning to him. They sat that way for a long time, hugging each other.

Everything was silent except for their quiet breathing and the Enhypen murmurings outside the door.

Y/N was the one to pull herself back, away from his arms, "You don't know how you offering to bring me to Disney was kind of fulfilling the dream my grandma had never done for herself"

He tried to give her a smug smile but it came out softer, "I didn't know that", he said, "But there's one thing I want to know"

"What is?"

"Did she ever dream for you of finding a Prince?", Jungwon grinned, but shyly.

Instead of answering, Y/N took the closest pillow and threw it at his face after seeing the wiggle on his eyebrows. When he fought back, she let out a giggle and there was a laugh from him as they wrestled each other.

Jungwon looked much younger now, not too serious and being carefree the way he was supposed to be.

"Wanna take me as that Prince?"

Y/N groaned loudly after hearing the riles up cheers outside the door, "You wish"

"I know you'd like me to be your happy ever after. Who wouldn't?"