His hand went to his chest, massaging away the discomfort, biting his lip.

Taehyung noticed, forehead creased with concern. "Hey, are you good?" Putting a hand on his knee, requiring his attention.

Jungkook looked over at Tae, regarding his eyes that were pooled with concern and worry.

"I-I-I'm okay... it's whatever." He stammered, words jumbling on his tongue.

Jimin put a hand on his back, "Just relax. be patient with yourself." In an attempt to bring down his oozing apprehension.

Jungkook's shoulders were encroached with tension, unable to find it in himself to understand the situation when his own delirium and resentment were roaring in his ears like a vicious lion.

Devora stuffed her satin dress in her fists, trying to hold herself from futile tears as she watched the way Jungkook responded to the entire situation.

His emotions seemed furtive, but as more time passed, his aloof emotions became more and more visible.

'It's my fault. He's like this because of me.' Berating herself over and over again until it was engraved in her mind, shaking her head in disapproval.

Jungkook's bleak, subdued eyes eventually darted up from his lap, immediately clicking with Devora from across the table.

Her heart stopped, holding her breath when she saw his eyes. The tears he fought to keep contained were being given away from the hanging lights above them, showing the gleam in his pupils as he looked directly at her.

In one single moment, the glisten in his eyes ebbed. Now satiated with tainting disappointment, his eyes acting as daggers as he stared down Devora and Hoseok.

While Namjoon and Hobi were still on the same topic, the others were watching the brief interaction between Jungkook and Devora.

She pressed her lips, an apology written on her sorrowful features.

Jungkook pushed out of his chair, the unbearable scraping sound making all flinch — conversations facing an unexpected end.

He plopped the cloth napkin onto the table, not removing his eyes from Devora.

Everyone observed the two in a deafening silence that drilled ears, neither of them saying a word to Jungkook.

In Devora's eyes, everything was in slow motion. Watching as Jungkook exited his seat, and pushed his chair in, leaving without saying a single word to anybody.

He didn't announce a single word to anyone, but for some reason, Devora was able to read his words through his narrowed eyes. Each of his words pulled onto her heart with strings, inflicting pain each time he blinked.

She could feel the urge to cry increase the more his actions repeated in her mind.

It was her fault.

Why should she be crying?

She was the one who concealed such a massive secret from him, it was only evident he would respond the way he did when he found out.

'But, I just wanted to help out a friend.' She argued with herself under burning flames.

"Dev, he's fine. He just needs time to think." Jimin broke the cumbersome tension that had fallen above the table.

"We understand that you were just trying to help out our hyung," Taehyung noted. "We appreciate it, but Jungkook is gonna need time to sort his thoughts out."

Devora just nodded, a fake smile somehow tugged on her lips.

"I mean you didn't have to hide it from him." Yoongi shrugged his shoulders.