-59-

AN- hey guys! Hope u are all well.
Please check out my tiktok @honz.malfoy.
Also my Spotify is honorcxx if you want to check out my Draco and Lyra playlist or comment any songs u think I should add.
Love you all <3
Also would recommend listening to: Are you with me- nilu
As the world caves in- Matt Maltese
Till forever falls apart- Ashe, FINNEAS

Double take

-Lyra Emerald-The sky was dark when I awoke, my head spinning

-Lyra Emerald-
The sky was dark when I awoke, my head spinning. The curtains spooked in the nighttime draft and the clock on my bedside table told me that it was nearly 5:30pm. I had slept after lunch and only awoken now. Looking around, I reminded myself where I was. No longer in that cell, no longer utterly alone. No matter how much I wanted to tell myself that I was safe here, I knew that wasn't utterly true. Perhaps people were already out looking for me, perhaps no one had noticed as I seemed to have been forgotten by the death eaters in that damp hovel. A drop of sweat meandered down my forehead and my heart rate slowed as the internal panic of my dreams melted away. Another dream I would I not be able to talk about, even when Ophelia rushed in when I was screaming in the night. I was here, and safe and with my friends, I repeated silently to myself.

Taking was hard. Too hard. Taurus and Ophelia were patient but I had nothing to tell them. My words couldn't form and my head didn't have the strength to listen. It was evident they wanted to tell me everything, inform me, but my head was heavy and weak and torn apart from nights of endless darkness and terrors that dragged me from sleepless dreams.

Three days i had been here, at Grimmauld place and all I had managed to do was sleep and pick away at bread or sip broth as Ophelia smiled sympathetically. But it was pity, and I hated it. I hated how behind I was, how little I knew about what was happening, how little I wanted to talk, how I felt like a child in the midst of the house. Empty brained and feeble and weak. I had missed so much of the war. My involvement was too much but not enough entirely. There once was a time where I knew everything, conducted every movement the Dark Lords forces made. There was a time I knew what attacks the order were making as I had advised them to where Voldemort's forces were weakest. Now I felt empty, and useless, with no purpose anymore in this wretched war.

The first night I had been rescued, Ophelia had told me what I needed to know, enough not to overwhelm me, but I could tell it wasn't everything, because I wasn't strong enough to know. My mind was still in pieces from empty loneliness and hunger and pain. So much pain yet so much heavy idleness. How could someone with no interaction suffer so much? I think it was my own mind turning on itself. Years of self hatred made for easy pickings as my own self fell apart in that cell.

No matter how deranged or weak I was, I knew I had to fight, to help, to help put right the damage I had caused at the very beginning. To try and ease my own self hatred if for anything. And Taurus knew there was no changing my mind. I only needed time. Time to recharge and reset my unwired mind, then I was going to help, in any way I could.