-51-

Ones true meaning

"If we want to make a decent impact we need to strike while the iron is hot

"If we want to make a decent impact we need to strike while the iron is hot." Draco spoke, his voice serious and sharp as he stood, leaning on the table with both hands, the sleeves of his white shirt rolled up to his elbows.

We were sat around the large wooden kitchen table, maps and pieces of parchment sprawled across its scratched and dented wood.

Andromeda sat with us, Her daughter Nymphadora Tonks, Tonks' husband Lupin, and a many other order members and supporters filled the room, eager and doubtful of what we had to say.

"I don't see why we should put ourselves at risk. We can't afford to loose anymore men." Alastair Moody, one of the order members present, spoke in a rather degrading voice. He clearly didn't care what Malfoy nor I had to say.

While Grimmauld place was a safe house, it was also a meeting point for the order, to arrange meetings, gather supplies. I wasn't sure where the other members were, or is there were more, but our job was to help them all we could and be on our way.

"Why should we even listen to you, how do we know that you aren't still working for him." A voice sounded from the back of the room and a few others jeered in agreement.

"How do we know, we aren't being led into a trap." A different voice spoke, earning some agreeing shouts.

"Look, if you don't want our help that's fine, but there is no way you can defeat all of the death eater ranks with the numbers you've got, it's not possible." I said, my eyes scanning the room of people, looking for any kind of sign they were on our side.

This was the first chance we had had to speak to the order, and we weren't doing very well at selling ourselves. But I understood, how could one not be suspicious.

"How do we know that they are not still working for the death eaters, how do we know they weren't the ones killing our troops, our friends." A different voice sounded and many members of the room muttered and nodded their heads.

"You don't. Okay.." I glanced at Malfoy, his face remaining emotionless and vague. "But we are your best bet."

We talked, and finally they listened. We did our best to explain who the most powerful death eaters were, the leaders, the weakest. I explained how they were planning on assassinating Dumbledore, and how they wanted to get inside the school. The vanishing cabinet still sat in the room of requirement and if Fabian had executed the plan or not I wasn't sure.

Malfoy explained how many of the death eaters were staying at Emerald House and Malfoy Manor and how they were a base for meetings and lodgings for the Dark Lords forces from all over the country. He told them how the Dark Lord was carrying out his plans and how they had giants and werewolves on his side.

Malfoy looked paler than usual and there was no denying it was an easy task. I felt guilty, yet relieved. And sick yet exhausted. We didn't quite know if we were doing the right thing. All we could do was hope that we were doing enough.