-19-

Authors note:
Hope you all enjoy this chapter and please VOTE AND COMMENT.
Love you all xx

Feverish

It was a warm Wednesday evening, the common room fire was giving off a hearty glow and the smell of the burning logs was gently filling my sleepy senses

Fabian, Taurus and I were attempting to do our potions homework, while Ophelia filed her nails, curled up on the sofa next to her boyfriend. Our half completed parchments were sprawled all over common room floor along side a couple half eaten chocolate frogs and empty packets of Bertie Botts Every Flavour Beans.

"I give up, fuck potions, Snape can get to fuck if he thinks two nights is enough to compete a full sheet of parchment on shit he's never actually taught us. Greasy haired bastard." Fabian crumpled up his ink smudged paper into a ball before chucking it angrily into the fire. I watched as it was quickly caught by the flames, turning to ash right before me.

Taurus was starting to doze off, his dirty blonde waves falling over his sleepy eyes.

"Aye fuck this." The blonde grumbled, reluctantly lifting his arm for Ophelia to snuggle in.

I glanced down sheepishly at my half empty parchment, sighing in defeat. It was clear we were all failing.

"I say we call it quits for tonight." I sighed, closing my books and leaning back against the leather couch, allowing myself to relax and let head to fall back.

"We stink." My words received a tired grunt from Gaunt and a frustrated nodd from the Raven haired boy across from me.

Fabian didn't know. In fact he was completely privy to the fact I had seen him. He had no idea I knew what he was up to, and now I couldn't act the same around him. I just couldn't.

"It's a school night Carrow." I tutted, watching as he took a metal hip flask out the pocket of his worn, black leather jacket.

"Go lecture someone else Emerald." He muttered before tilting his head back and allowing whatever alcohol was in the thing to slide quickly down his throat.

"Ahhhh." The satisfied boy sighed, using the back of his hand to wipe his mouth.

My heart stopped. Dead.

A sickening, vile taste began to form in my mouth, all the while my stomach started to churn, the shitload of sweets I had previously consumed began to twist and unsettle inside me. I was going to be sick.

It was there. Only for a split second. Only a slight part of it showed. But it was there all the same.

For as Fabian lifted his arm to wipe his mouth, a dark, inky patch of skin was expound for a moment. But I didn't need to see it all to understand what it was.