Chapter 9~

~ Araya James ~

~ Araya James ~

"So where are you taking me?" I say with a smile on my face. "We're gonna go- Who's fucking pants do you have on?" Nickolas says looking at me. His eyed were filled with rage. "They're your brothers" I say plainly. Why the hell is he so mad over a pair of pants?

"Brother? He told you? Great, just great" He said turning his head away from me. "Was I not supposed to know or something?" I say raising my eyebrow and crossing my arms over my chest. "No you weren't" Nickolas says facing me again. "The fuck was it a secret for Nickolas? Why wasn't I supposed to know?" I question as I feel my frustration begin to bubble up inside me.

"Look Raya, I just didn't want you to know yet ok?" He says softly, calming down. "What do you mean by yet? What was you waiting for Nickolas" I question. "For when you were mine and no one could take you from me" Nickolas mumbles extremely low under his breath so I wouldn't hear. "Huh?" I say. "Nothing, let's just go" He says starting the car and driving away.

"So I'm your future wife huh?" I tease wiggling my eyebrows. Nickolas must've been hella caught of guard because he immediately presses down on the breaks, causing the car the car to come to an abrupt stop.

"Nickolas why would you-" "He told you that?!" He says cutting me off. "Yea-" "What else did he tell you?!" He says cutting me off again. "Nothing-" "You sure?!" "Nickolas shut the fuck up and let me finish" I shout at him. Nick looks at me wide eyed but nods and starts driving again.

"First yes, he told me, second no, he did not say anything else" I say. "Good" Nickolas says turning a bright shade of red. "Awe what else did you used to say about me?" I ask pushing. "I'm not gonna tell you" He says. "Fine" I say with a sigh, leaning back into the seat.

We stay quite for a little while just chilling. "Hey Nick" I say breaking the silence. "Yes baby?" He says putting his hand on my thigh. Not gonna lie, I got butterflies in my stomach from that. "Why don't you like Elie?" I ask. "Did he tell you that I didn't like him?" Nickolas says gripping my thigh slightly. "He said that he feels like you hate him" I say staring at his hand. Did I mention that his hand had veins?

"So do you hate him?" I ask. Honestly I should probably mind my own business because this has absolutely nothing to do with me, butttt I'm nosy so.

"Of course I don't hate him. That's my little brother, I love him to death. But I understand why he might feel that way. Im not the best at expressing my emotions, but I never should've let him feel that way" Nickolas explains rubbing my thigh softly.

"Well you need to tell him that" I say. "I will Princess" He says taking his hand off my thigh and picking up my hand, kissing my knuckles.

"You gonna tell me where we're going?" I say as he interlocks his hands with mine. "No, you'll just have to wait and see" He says turning to me smiling. "Well are we almost there?" I ask as Nickolas drives up a hill.

"Actually, we're here now" He says reverse parking his car, as well as getting out. "Come" He says opening my door for me. I say a quick thank you before looking at the scenery. It was absolutely breathtaking. We were on top a hill so we could see all the city lights along with the stars that lit up the night sky.

"Raya come here" Nickolas says popping his trunk. I immediately gasp. It was the cutest thing I've ever seen. Since Nick drive his Jeep here, the trunk was pretty big. In the Trunk were blankets, pillows, bags of snacks and fairylights that he just turned on. How did I not notice all these things back here??

 How did I not notice all these things back here??

"Surprise. I didn't really know what to do but I hope you like it-" "I love it" I say cutting him off. I put my arms around his neck and pulled him into a tight hug. Nickolas puts his arms around my waist pulling me more into him. He places his head in the crotch of my neck, taking a deep breath.

"Ok come lets sit" Nickolas says pulling back from the hug and grabbing my hand gently. We sit in the trunk and just sat there admiring the scenery. "You know, I never brought anyone here before" He says turning his face to face mines.

"Yea right" I say chuckling. Thats a guys favourite like. Its always either 'You're the only girl I talk to' or 'I never felt this way before'. Its all bullshit. "No Raya I'm being serious. I always come here alone because it makes me feel free and safe. This place is basically my escape" Nickolas explains taking my hand in his.

"Then why'd you bring me?" I ask. "Because I wanted to share my special place with me" Nickolas says rubbing my knuckles with his thumb. Before I could get a word out, he changed the subject. "You wanna watch a movie?" He says pulling out his MacBook, handing it to me.

"Sure" I say. "What do you wanna watch?" I ask opening Netflix. "I'll watch whatever you wanna watch Princess" Nickolas says looking into my eyes.

"Ight then" I say. I type up 'To All The Boys Ive Loved Before'. "Really?" Nickolas says laughing. "Hey you said that I could pick the movie and I picked one. Problem?" I say raising my eyebrow playfully.

"Not at all Princess" He says sending me a smile. "Oh I gor you all your favourite snacks, here" Nick says picking up the bag of snacks. "Thanks Nico" I say giving him a kiss on his cheek. Did I just call him Nico? Yes, yes I did.

"New nickname? I love it" He says grinning at me. "C'mere" He says pulling me into his chest. Nickolas plants a few kisses on my neck before pressing play on the movie.

BUTTERFLIES I TELL YOU.