“No, I just thought we could spend all day together, here, alone…” He said, his slowly face moving closer to mine.

Inilayo ko ang mukha ko sa kanya. “We always do that. Minsan lang tayo lumalabas. Please?”  I gave him the pupy dog eyes.

 “As you wish…” He said, defeated. “But you have to give me a kiss.”

I smiled and pressed a chaste kiss to his mouth.

Axel took me out and we watched a movie together. He let me pick what movie to watch and me being a full-blooded female naturally chose a romantic-comedy film. It was a good, I enjoyed it. I thought he kinda did too.

He had his arm encircled around my shoulder as we walked out of the theater after the movie. In the weeks that we’d been together it had been better than I imagined it would be like. Better than all the romantic movies I have seen, better than the romance novels I have read, and the sex was definitely better than the ones I have watched or read. Everything was always better with Axel.

Things were great for us when we were alone but when we were out in public where people we knew could see us, we have to act like we didn’t know each other. That was the only thing that irks me sometimes.  We have to hide our relationship as if what we were doing was wrong.

Nagpunta kami sa isang restaurant para maglunch. We ordered our food and talked for awhile as we waited for it.

“What are you thinking?” I smiled, my brow arching up when I caught him staring at me.

He smiled that sexy Axel smile that turns me to mush everytime. “When we’re together I’m not thinking about anything other than how beautiful you are.”

“Pang-ilan na ako sa mga babaeng pinagsabihan mo niyan?” My eyes rolled.

He laughed, taking my hand that was placed on the table and brought it to his lips.  “Ikaw pa lang. There’s no reason for me to lie to you.”

My smile grew big. “Okay, I believe you.”

“I was completely floored the first time I saw you in the hospital.”

“Yeah and then you slept with all my friends. I believe you.” I sarcastically said.

“Well, that’s because I knew I couldn’t have you.” He sighed. “You don’t know how many times I’ve imagined it was you I was fucking.”

“Axel!” I squeezed his hand, feeling uncomfortable with his vulgar language in public. I love hearing it when we’re making love but not here where anyone could hear it.

He snickered quietly. The waiter started serving us our food and as we were about to eat, I suddenly noticed something. I saw Tristan sitting by the window just a few table away from ours. Akala ko nagkamali ako ng tingin pero ng tignan ko ulit, I knew it was him.

Axel turned his head to where I was looking at and his face suddenly paled when he saw them. “I-is that your brother?”

“Yes.” I answered.

“We have to go.” He said.

“Why? But we barely even touch our food.”  I whined.

“Val, we need to go.” He said in a hurry as he got to his feet. He took out a wallet from his pocket and left a few peso bill on the table. He grabbed my hand and I had no choice but to get up and walk out of the restaurant with him.

“Axel, ano bang problema?” I asked.

“Your brother might see us.” He said as we were walking.

“Ano naman kung makita niya tayo? Wala naman tayong ginagawang masama.”

“You don’t understand…”

 “Yes, I don’t understand why you have to keep me a secret!” My voice raised as irritation started getting the best of me. “Why don’t you want my  brother to know? Why don’t you want anyone to know about us! Bakit ba parang ikinahihiya mo ako?”

He stopped walking and turned to face me. He cupped my face, looking at me with sad, warm eyes. “Val baby, I’m sorry. I’m so sorry you think that.” He kissed me on the forehead. “I would never be ashamed of you. You don’t know how bad I want to let the world know that you’re mine but I just need a little more time.”

“If you’re really serious with me, hindi ka matatakot malaman ni Tristan ang tungkol sa atin!” I tried to move his hands away from my face but he held me firmly.

“Val, you know I’m serious with you. Gusto ko kapag humarap ako kay Tristan at sa daddy mo handa na ako. Please, Val, sana maintindihan mo ako. Will you please have a little faith in me? In us?”

I sighed. My eyes lowered to the floor, not wanting to look him in the eyes. I may have overreacted a bit but could you blame me for needing a little reassurance? It was hard to push aside the doubts I still have about how much chance there acually was that we could turn this to a proper relationship. I wanted a normal relationship where everybody knows about us. Why couldn’t it be like that?

In the end I tried to understand. I forced out a smile.

“I love you.” He said.

“I love you, too.” I softy answered back.

His head lowered to mine and he gave me a kiss on the lips. I knew the day would come when we would finally tell everyone about us but until then he reminded me again why it was worth all the hassle that came with keeping it our little secret.

We were both silent as we drove back home. I couldn’t think of anything to say. Masama pa rin ang loob ko, oo, pero naiintindihan ko naman siya. There was no need to rush, we could only take one step at a time.

He opened the door to his unit and we were immediately greeted by a very strong fresh flower scent. He opened the lights and I was in complete awe when I saw flowers everywhere. Baskets and baskets of freshly cut flowers everywhere.

“Axel…” I gasped as I looked around.

He smiled, picking up a stem of white rose and handing it to me. “Happy first month. I’m sorry I ruined it for you, baby.”

I took it from him and wrapped my arms around his body, resting my head on his chest. “No, you didn’t.” I sighed.

“I’ll make it up to you. I promise you, our first year together will be way better than this.” He whispered to my ear as he stroked my hair.

“Well, we still have the rest of the day.” I playfully wiggled my brows up and down.

He chuckled a little and after it died down, he looked at me with so much love in his eyes. "God, I wonder what I did to deserve you but whatever that was, I'm glad I did it." He said before kissing me on the lips.