16. Techician

Akaashi eyes the hospital room he was near. Bokuto was in there and he knew that but his sisters were in the doorway and so was someone he thought he might know. He looked like an old client.

Akaashi took a deep breath. His safety was a big deal but Bokuto had texted him. He had needed him and he begged for Akaashi to see if he could come see him.

Safety was a little less of a big deal.

Maybe. That man still looked like an old client.

He took slow steps towards the room. His heart pounded hard against his chest with a quickening pace. His medicine was wearing off too so his anxiety was slightly worse.

The man looked over and gasped. "Akaashi?!"

Akaashi's heart nearly stopped. This was a client. This man knew where he worked. He could schedule something and hurt him.

"Hey, how are you man? Bo told me you were really nice to him too."

Akaashi tilted his head. "Hm?"

"Oh you know at-"

"Kashi?"

Akaashi looked in the room and saw Bokuto laying on his side, pillow between his legs. "Kotarou... how are you feeling?"

"Really bad." Bokuto held out his hand. "C'mere."

Akaashi walked past his baffled sisters. He sat by the bed and held his hand. "Do you know what's happening or are they being useless?"

"I apparently need an ultrasound but they don't believe that it hurts. I literally fainted in the waiting room." Bokuto's eyes closed shut. His voice dropped to a whisper. "I had to out myself to my friend over there too and he took it okay."

"Second part is good. But you should get that ultrasound to check your stomach." Akaashi ran his thumb over his hand, slow and careful. "Have they not given you any medicine?"

"No..."

"Sorry to ruin the moment but am I missing something?" Kiri questioned.

Bokuto waved her off. "Leave him alone."

Kenji frowned. "You already knew him, didn't you?"

Bokuto looked to Akaashi. He knew that Akaashi didn't want to expose their secret. He knew Akaashi had a lot of safety issues surrounding being a sex worker, including telling people. "Guys please, not right now. I literally feel like I'm dying."

Kuroo stepped into the room fully and went over to Bokuto. "Okay so does this always happen?"

"I've never been to the hospital for my cycle."

"Ah, okay."

Bokuto clung to the large pillow he'd been given. His lower stomach was burning with pain. It was odd that no one believed him about his pain including workers but he did pass incredibly well and they were judging him for the organ he hated most.

Akaashi spotted pens and pencils and got up, grapping a pen. "Uncover your ear."

Bokuto did so and Akaashi tried to fix the cramping as he had done before. After three minutes Bokuto eased his hand away. "It didn't work."

Akaashi sighed. "I'm sorry about this."

Bokuto shook his head. "It'll be fine."

Akaashi rubbed his hair behind his ear, just watching. Bokuto kept wincing and clinging to his pillow in pain and not a single nurse came in to check on him for twenty minutes. Kenji finally got tired of waiting and pressed the call button on the bed.