11. Salt Lamp

"Is he done yet?"

"He should be done by now."

Bokuto smiled. "Can I go get him?"

"Go ahead." Sugawara stood fully. "Hurry though because I need to close."

Bokuto nodded and went back to Akaashi's room. "I'm back Kashi!"

"Hold on!"

Bokuto went to the entrance of the bathroom, curious. "What are you doing?"

"Trying not to throw up."

"Why?" Bokuto squat down and watched him.

"The last client was too rough again and I'm nauseous from it." He closed his eyes. "Can you get my bag ready?"

"Of course." Bokuto went into Akaashi's room and gathered his things into his bag. Akaashi threw up and came back into the room. "You okay?"

"Water." Akaashi opened his nightstand and took out a water bottle. He drank and kept his eyes on Bokuto. "Do you need anything?"

"No, just getting your bag ready. Is your medicine in here?"

"It is."

"Great! Let's go." Bokuto took his hand. "I drove here instead because of the train and everything."

Akaashi shrugged. He went out of the building with Bokuto and found his car. Akaashi opened the door on his side and sat down. He looked over and watched Bokuto get into the car and move things and start it.

"Okay so for dinner I'm buying something because I need to go grocery shopping. I just got off of work so I should've done that earlier." Bokuto started to drive towards the safer areas of the city. "What do you want?"

"Oh... um. I'm not picky."

Bokuto hummed. "Well what do you not want for dinner?"

Akaashi shifted in his seat. "No Chinese food. Uh... nothing too heavy either."

"Maybe ramen?"

"Okay."

"Do you like tokushima?"

"I do."

Bokuto nodded. He knew that it was awkward but it would get better. They got to the ramen shop near Bokuto's apartment complex and Bokuto ordered for them since Akaashi wasn't feeling good mentally. "Wanna sit out here and get some fresh air?"

Akaashi nodded, staying close. He sat at a table and ate silently. Bokuto talked to him, quiet and trying to be sure that he was comfortable.

"Are you uncomfy?"

"No, I just don't feel talkative."

Bokuto hummed. "Would you like me to be quiet too just to make it comfortable for you?"

"I would appreciate it."

"I can do that." He smiled and kept eating. When they finished they got back in Bokuto's car and went to his apartment complex. "Hey, it's a bit messy in here so please don't judge."

"It's okay."

Bokuto opened the door and walked in, slipping off his shoes. Akaashi followed him and didn't say anything about anything that was set out.

Bokuto put Akaashi's bag in his room and led him into his room.

"Do you need anything? Water or something?"

Akaashi shook his head.

"How about you take a shower and we'll get to bed. I have work tomorrow and need some sleep. If you want to stay up I have Netflix and a laptop." Bokuto took off his hoodie and moved his blankets. "I don't mind either way to be honest."

Akaashi looked around Bokuto's room. He spotted a salt lamp. "Can I turn that on?"

"Hm? Turn what on?"

"The salt lamp."

"Oh! Of course. There's a little knob on the cord and you can change the brightness."

Akaashi turned the lamp on and just kind of looked around. Bokuto's room was a decent size, maybe on the small size but nicely decorated and sort of cozy. He looked over to see Bokuto in the bathroom brushing his teeth.

He grabbed his toothbrush and toothpaste and went to the bathroom with him. Despite them knowing each other's naked bodies and seeing the things that no one else could see he still felt nervous just standing here.

Good God.

"Do you need me to move?"

"No." He stepped forward and wet his toothbrush. He brushed his teeth, trying to keep his eyes off of Bokuto.

"I just need to put on scar cream and then I'm going to bed." Bokuto rinsed off his brush and grabbed the tube of scar cream. "You don't mind, right?"

"Not at all."

Bokuto nodded and applied the cream to his chest.

Akaashi looked over and noticed a small spot of scarring that he hadn't seen. He leaned over and touched the spot, spreading the substance. Bokuto looked down.

"Uh..."

"You've been missing that spot."

"I have?"

"Mhmm."

Bokuto's brows raised. "Weird." He put on his tank top and went into his bedroom.

Akaashi rinsed out his mouth and changed into a pair of sweatpants and a t-shirt. He sat on the side of the bed and took a deep breath. His back hurt.

"Kashi is everything okay?"

"Mhmm, just thinking."

"About?"

"Not much."

"Lay down." Bokuto tapped his back. "Do you need something? Cuddles? Water? A story or something?"

Akaashi eased onto his back and glanced over. "I don't need anything. But thank you."

"Of course! Night!" Bokuto burrowed his face into his pillow and took a deep breath.

Akaashi stayed in his back, not knowing what to do. He could ask to be held and be able to sleep easier but he felt anxious.

Bokuto slowly breathed out. "Do you need to do any breathing exercises with me? Today wasn't a good day for you."

"That may help."

Bokuto reached out and took Akaashi's hand into his own, pressing it over his heart. "Get closer so you don't strain a muscle."

Akaashi got closer and took a deep breath.

"Just like that, yeah." Bokuto slowed his own breathing and felt Akaashi relax. He fell asleep and Akaashi lie awake next to him. He did feel drowsy but needed just a little more comfort before he fell asleep.

He leaned into Bokuto's body and felt warmer, which was the comfort he needed. He let go of Bokuto's hand and the other male took that arm and wrapped it around Akaashi.

"Mm... flower."

"Hm?"

"Mhmm."

Akaashi laughed softly and got comfortable again. He ignored the soft mumbles and fell asleep. It was warm here and the blankets were heavy.