🌺 CHAPTER THREE 🌺

Start from the beginning

"Hi".

I looked up to see a beaming dark skinned girl, with black eye balls and dimples sitting in front of me.

"I'm Nnadzwa" She said. "You can call me Zee".

"Thanks but I like Nnadzwa better. I'm Ejiro". I smiled.

"Cute name. I'm guessing you're from Delta state" She said, and I nodded in reply.

"What tribe are you?" I asked, most especially because of the name.

"I'm Nupe and from Kwara state" She said.

"Wow, what are you doing in Edo State then?" I asked, dropping the novel I held.

She cleared her throat and stated instead, "Family issues".

"Oh ok".

"So how do you see this school?" She asked.

"Well, honestly, I don't know. I just came to the school few minutes ago. Although, in terms of the surrounding, the school is quite lovely" I said.

"You'll love this school, trust me" She said.

"Okay" I replied.

She turned away and I went back to reading the novel on my locker.

"Hello" I heard another voice say.

I looked up again and saw a boy approach me. I observed his features as he sauntered to my direction.

He was dark skinned, had pink lips and wore circular- framed clear lens glasses. His shirt was tucked in neatly into his trouser and wore a crew cut.

"I'm Noah. Can we be friends?" He asked, taking the empty seat beside me. I raised a brow at him in confusion.

"Don't mind him, he wants to use you for another experiment of his" A girl snickered. She was dark chocolate in complexion and had a grey Hijab on to complement her school uniform.

"No I don't." The boy frowned, folding his hands. "What's your name new student?".

"Uuh, My name is Ejiro" I said.

"Nice name" The girl said, and the boy nodded in agreement. "I'm Sara, and he's Noah".

"Thanks for helping me introduce myself but I can take it from here" Noah said, playfully pushing Sara away.

"I've been trying to create a theory on understanding girls, and none of these ones here agreed to help me" He said, frowning as he stared at the front of the class.

"My guy friends usually say girls are hard to understand and If I could finally understand them I could change the world for good" He smiled, making a gesture by raising his hands in the air.

"Dude, we already told you. You've got to be a girl to understand us" Sara laughed.

"No I don't, and I'll prove it" He said, then turning to me he said, "Do me a favor newbie and help me prove to all these enemies of progress that anything is possible".

"Uuuh...." I trailed off.

I just came into this class few minutes ago, and now I was going to become the test monkey of a guy's experiment, someone I didn't know.

"Sure, why not" I shrugged.

"Thank you" He smiled, and turning to Sara he said, "See people that have sense". I couldn't help but laugh.

Noah walked away, and Sara and I talked a little about ourselves. I had a good feeling about the students here. The ones I had met were outgoing and friendly.