Four: Claustrophobic Closet

Start from the beginning

"Climbed the tree. Get snacks. I am not watching the sunrise without snacks," he answered.

I groaned. "Just come in here. You need to in order to get on the roof, anyway."

"Good point. I assume everyone else is still asleep?"

"They were until you decided to reenact the Fourth of July fireworks on my window."

"Sorry, but it's not like I could've came through the door. Unlike my family, your's is actually smart and doesn't have a key under the doormat or in the planter."

"Whatever, now be quiet. Mom and Dad are gonna murder me if they hear us. Go downstairs yourself, let me get dressed and I'll meet you down there."

"Why do you need to get dressed?" He asked.

"I'm not wearing a shirt...?"

"So? It's not like it's your dick or something."

"Ugh, gross. No way am I going on my rooftop shirtless. I'm not looking to give all of Hartford a show. Just go downstairs, I'll be there in a minute."

Hudson finally left and I put on the nearest shirt I could find. It's not a wise idea to leave him unattended around breakable objects. Carefully, I snuck out of my room and went down to the kitchen. "Have you considered how exactly we are going to climb a ladder holding food?" I questioned.

"...No. Maybe one of us can climb up and the other can hand everything to us. I don't know. Logic isn't my strong suit."

"Oh my God! Really? I never knew!"

He rolled his eyes, then grabbed a bag of Doritos and another of cheesy popcorn. And finally went over to the candy drawer and got a large bag of Skittles and one more of Sour Patch Kids. "Alright, let's go."

I followed him to the attic where the ladder to the roof was. "Hey, how did you get through the gate?" I asked, remembering that I should've opened it for him.

"Oh, I know your code. When you went to the bathroom a few months ago, I used your phone password which I got by watching you unlock your phone to break into it. You left it behind, so I snatched it to get the code from your notes app. Simple," Hudson answered, handing the food to me. "Also, 148 is only three digits. It's not at all hard to remember. You should probably change it for better security."

"Ah- okay then. Nice spy skills, I guess."

We made the snacks to the roof (along with ourselves) and I whisper-yelled things like "Don't run, you fucking lunatic," and "Bro, that's my parents room you're on top of, and you're going to plop your fat ass down right there?"

To which Hudson would reply, "Thanks for complimenting my ass. I knew going to the gym once a year was doing something," and "This is your room I'm over, dumbass. Wait...no...oh, fuck. I'll move, sorry about that."

I think I broke the world record for most times sighing and facepalming in the span of three minutes.

We watched the sunrise, per Hudson's request, and ate everything we brought up. Somehow, we were still hungry, so we went to a small diner near us. I enjoy supporting the smaller businesses instead of yet another McDonald's or Denny's. Or Amazon.