•12•

That following night I stayed in bed staring at the ceiling, barely getting any sleep. The moment before Vanessa and I left kept repeating in my head. As soon as I felt my cheeks heat up, I put my hands on them and felt the heat radiating off of them. I shouldn't be reacting like this. He's an animatronic! Just a...weirdly emotional animatronic. Is he supposed to be that clingy and touchy towards others? I could try asking Vanessa or my boss about it.

When I tried to go the sleep, though. The thought kept rushing in my mind.
I couldn't let it bother me anymore so I dialed up Vanessa.

Ring....

Ring...

Ring...

"Hello?" I heard the familiar voice say on the other end. "Oh thank goodness..." I said in relief. "Y/N? What are you doing up? you got work in the morning." She asked me with confusion lacing her voice. "I have a question to ask you and it has been bugging me." I explained to her."yeah? What is it?" She asked.

"Is it...normal for sundrop to be so clingy and touchy? I know he's supposed to be childish in some way to grab the attention of kids but he seems way more clingy and touchy than he should be. Like its not in his programming." I could hear Vanessa pause for a second before speaking. "What do you mean by that?" She asked. "Well, he wouldn't really leave me alone while I'm working and he holds onto me a lot. Like, a lot. Not in the way a parental figure would though."

"I...have no idea why he does that. I'm sorry, Y/N." She sounded hesitant to answer but I brushed it off to not take anymore of her time. "That's okay, thanks anyway." And I hung up afterwards. I decided to try and get some sleep since that call took a lot out of me.
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Another morning, another day of work. It was just the same routine again. I arrived to the daycare to be greeted by a hug immediately once I got into the actual daycare area. "Y/N! It's great to see you again!" He had his arms wrapped around my waist and his head on my shoulder. "It's great to see you too, Sunny." I let out a yawn as he let me go. "Oh no...did you not get enough sleep again last night?" He asked with worry.

"It's fine, I got enough sleep. You don't have to worry your pretty little head~!" I let out the last part without thinking. This resulted in him becoming a stuttering mess. "Oh no...well! Let's get opened up! The kids should be coming in!" Suddenly, sundrop looked like he remembered something. "Oh yeah! I got word from another employee that we should be getting a new member!" I was confused. "A new member? When was this?" He shrugged his shoulders. "Not sure, I just got word recently!" I rolled my eyes playfully before I saw a familiar parent walk in. "Oh! I need to go get the kids, see you in a bit!" I waved as I ran off to the parent.

I got all the familiar kids from before who I recognized but no one new. "Now where could that new kid be..." I heard the door open to see a man who looked to be around my age and a little girl. The man had dark brown hair, dark brown eyes, and tan-ish skin while wearing black dress pants and a white button up shirt with his daughter having more vibrate brown colored hair, the same dark eyes as her father, and pale skin while she was wearing a pink dress with a red ribbon holding her hair up in a pony tail. "Sorry for being late, traffic was a mess." He chuckled while breathing heavily. Guess he rushed here. "It's fine, no rush at all!" I gave him a smile that I was kind of forced to do because of staff protocol but at the same time it was half a genuine smile. I bent down to the little girl who shyly hid behind the legs of who I assumed was her father. "You must be.." "Oh this is Annie! Say hi, Annie. This is your new baby sitter!" I guess he told her she was getting a new baby sitter, I'm not really a babysitter but I'll ignore it. She was hesitant before softly speaking. "Hello..." She gave me a soft wave.

She looked like she was very scared of leaving her father's side. He realized this and bent down to her as Well. "It's fine, sweetie. You'll be fine! I promise." He tried his best to comfort her. "B-But you won't be here with me.." His expression became sad. "Yes...but you have miss...uhm." I realized he was wondering my name "Y/N." He sighed with relief as I didn't leave him hanging there. "You have miss Y/N to look after you! Think of her as your mommy!" I felt myself freeze in my spot as my face burned up completely. "My...mommy?" Annie asked as her dad nodded. "Yes! You'll be good for me, right sweetie?" She smiled and nodded before wiping her tears that I just now noticed were there. "You can go down that slide! Have fun! I'll be there in a second, I need to talk to yoir father." She nodded before shyly going to the slide and sliding down it.

It was during that time I felt like i recognized her father from somewhere. He was..familiar in some way. We sat down at one of the tables. "I'm sorry about that, it's the only thing that can get her to trust an older women ever since her mother..well...left." I completely understood so I can him a reassuring nod. "Its fine. Oh by the way, do we...know each other from somewhere? Where did you go to high school?" He was hesitant by answered with something i didnt expect but was happy to hear. "Wait a second...Alex!?" He was shocked. "Yeah...wait, Y/N? That's why I recognized that name from somewhere! Oh..man you changed a lot." He looked me up and down resulting in me getting a bit uncomfortable.

"You too, I didn't expect you to become a dad. A young one at that. How old is she?" He chuckled a bit before resting his chin in his hand. "She turns 4 this year." Alex and I did some catching up before I went back to work. "It was nice catching up!" I said while putting my hands on my hips. "You too, oh hey! Do you have a pen?" I was confused but gave him one instead. He took out what seemed Like a notepad before writing something down and handing me a piece of paper. "Call me of you wanna talk sometime!" He gave me a wink before walking off and leaving. I looked down to see his number on the piece of paper with a heart beside it. I paid it no mind and put it in my pocket before entering the daycare area to be met with the sound of chatter of kids and they playing. I looked down to see Annie right beside me. She seemed nervous.

I gently wrapped my hand around her smaller one and gave her a soft smile. "Alright everyone gather around! We got a new friend!" I called out, all the kids stopped what they were doing and gathered around us. "Everyone meet, Annie! Annie, introduce yourself." She was quiet before looking up at me as I gave her a reassuring nod. She looked back at the group before speaking using her soft voice. "Hi I'm Annie...and uhm I like to color...and...uhm...thats it. I'm so happy to meet you." She gave them a soft smile. "Treat her nicely everyone and give her a warm welcome! Everyone can go back to playing!" I let Annie go so she can play and I few other kids decided to let her join their game. I smiled as she went off on her own but I could feel a jealous aura radiate from somewhere as a certain sun animatronic had his eyes on me.