Epilogue

Diamonds POV

It's been three months now since I came back from my 'kidnapping' and the whole Latavious fiasco was over. Everybody's been chill, even my dad with Shae surprisingly, and we've all been having a good time.

Mama and Shae's mum have been bonding like they've been besties for life and it's like we invisible to them now. I mean come on...she ain't even that interesting. All she talks about is her new weaves and new nails. Could never be me.

Also me and Shae are getting closer by each passing day and I'm loving it. We still argue every other day but we always make up. I guess it's our destiny to stay with each other now. And we could never get away from the other if we tried.

Its like T and Fire need to see each other every second or somethings happened to the other. I've been calling bs on that for a while now. We all know what they're really up to.

And now we're planning a family barbecue and everybody's stressing about grilling a little bit of meat. Mum even told us to go clean our rooms. Like, I ain't ever seen a grill up in my room before so why am I getting it clean?

Walking up to the both of them, I eyed them before asking, "Hey mama...do you wanna go get our nails done tomorrow?"

"Hell nah. I'm going with P. Ain't nobody wanna go with your dusty, boring arse. It's gonna be lit with just us two. You can go and...hang with your boo. Okay bye."

Blinking in disbelief, I stomped off to go find my dad. "Hey dad. You wanna go watch a game tomorrow?"

"Nah." He looked up briefly before going back to his phone.

"What the hell dad? I would expect this from mum but not you! Hmm be like that then."

After walking a few meters away, someone came up behind me and whispered in my ear. "I'll chill with you."

"I'm low-key getting tired of you. No hate though."

Laughing he he kissed the shell of my ear and unwrapped his arms from me. "Alright so where you wanna go...Shae?" I looked beside me and he'd completely disappeared. Turning around I was met by a strange sight.

"Shae what are you doing?" I asked watching him quizzically as he knelt down on one knee.

"Doing what I should've done time ago." He took a deep breath. "Diamond Ross will you be girl? I know we don't always see eye to eye but I still feel a type of way around you and would like to get to know you even better. So, will you?" He asked with such a hopeful glint in his eye.

"No." I said simply and began to walk away. Hold on this feel like déjà vu.

"Girl you better get you arse over here fore I come and carry you!" Laughing I ran back and jumped into his arms kissing him passionately.

"Of course I will you idiot,"

Rolling his eyes at my antics, he slid a ring onto my finger. I looked up at him shocked.

"Girl don't be getting too gassed it's just a promise ring. I ain't marrying your arse yet," he chuckled and I joined in.

"Man how did I bag the Mafia's bad girl?"

"That's wet lolll."

"Alright...I can't believe I found my diamond in the rough."

"Do better."

"Man I love you Gem."

"And I love you Shae," We stared happily into each other's eyes and I leaned in for another kiss.

"...Man can we eat? I'm out here starving whilst you lot making a whole sex tape out here." T said loudly interrupting our whole moment.

"Ahlie."

"Innit...they doing the most."

"It was never that deep to be kissing that much."

"Girl you better close your damn mouth and get the fuck over here. Smiling and shit when we got people here about to inhale the mother fucking food if you don't stop all the fucking sappy shit. Damn. Cant even have a barbecue in peace out here."

Giving my mum the stank eye I glanced to Sapph for support. "It was never your moment babes. We just tryna eat."

"So everyone turn on us as soon as the food comes? All right. Stay safe guys."

We glared at all of them while T and mum went off on another muttering rant. "Cant even do shit round here. Like they out here acting like there's bare cameras filming this or sum. Got damnn they make me mad."

Rolling our eyes, we strolled away from the commotion at the house and just enjoyed each other's touch.

"They're so bloody annoying bro. Ain't no body said shit when T and Sapph got real close."

"Ahlie. They're proper jarring."

"...Let's get some Nando's and not share with anyone."

"That's what I'm talking about girl."

Smiling evilly, we carried on down the road, ready for whatever was to come next. 

Except for getting the food of course though. Cah we been knew that. Nah I'm just joking let's make it a nice ending.

Stopping for a moment, we kissed under the sunset, grinning for the love we had for each other.

And it's a wrap.😭😭😭

Thank you to everyone here and I love you guys so much💜.Cant believe I finished it exactly a year after I started it. Getting me emotional and that.

-Renée xx

Start: 12/01/21

Finished:12/01/22