3

The office was abuzz as Charles walked in a few days later.

He cringed at the noise and excitement in the building as everyone pored over something. As Charles approached, one worker approached him with a grin.

"Charlie, you seen this?"

The man practically shoved the newspaper into Charlie's face.

"Some rich bimbo advertised for a wife in the newspaper!"

Charles remembered a few nights ago and he grabbed the newspaper, scanning it until his eyes landed on the small section in the bottom right corner of the paper.

Typed neatly in black ink on white paper was ;

Rich, handsome and tall man aged 32 seeking courtship by correspondence from a lady, aged between 20 and 34, preferably darker skinned with black hair, dark eyes and a nice body with womanly curves. No children. Willing to pay for all expenses to get interested individual to this new home. Will handsomely compensate interested and chosen individual. Must be a woman willing to take care of man and his home in all ways and will be rewarded with a luxurious life of wining and dining as well as trips abroad.

For interested individuals, send your letters by post to Morning Edition Newspaper at Crest Valley, Z building to Osam Wilde, Newspaper Editor. Or call this number (listed number).

Charles went wide eyed just as Osam came running into the office building, hair tousled and sweat on his brow, breathing heavily. His eyes landed on Charles and he dragged the man to his office, shutting and locking the door behind him.

Charles stared at him. "What is this?!" he harshly whispered. "I thought you threw that night's nonsense in the trash!"

"I did! I threw it on the pile the cleaner usually burns! But relax, no one knows that you're the rich, handsome and tall man!" Osam chuckled lightly.

"Why are you here then?"

"Well..." Osam gestured to the newspaper. "My name is at the end of the freaking advert! I have been getting women who have been chasing me down the street, trying to get me to personally deliver their letters to mystery man, you!"

Charles laughed. "Well, you did put the address and your name at the end of the advert as well as the business number."

"Because this was meant to be a joke to make you feel better that night!" Osam spat. "I didn't mean for this to be published! Letters and calls have been coming from all over where we deliver as well as internationally! The stupid thing was posted only a few days ago! Do you know that I haven't slept in two days?! Someone even got a hold of our house phone and my wife is angry!"

Charles only laughed harder. "I am so sorry!" he wheezed.

"Oh! This is funny to you, huh?"

"Very."

Osam sighed. "Charlie, I came here to ask if you want to read some of the letters? I've read a couple and I swear you got some prostitutes wanting to turn into housewives. And they described in detail what they would do to you and your body the second they met you! I had to distract myself  from some of the letters by drinking cold water. Pretty sure you would love to read the erotica by yourself."

"How erotic is erotica?"

Osam looked around before leaning in to whisper. "One of the women is a 25 year old blonde who said she would dye even her pubic hair for you."

Charles chortled. "Osam stop. That's nasty."

"We all have our kinks. Come find yours in the pile of letters on my desk. And on the bright side, we've sold more newspapers than we have in a long time with your correspondence advert. People are waiting to see how this one goes before they jump into the boat. Got a couple of close friends already waiting to advertise their own selves if you get hitched. I'm gonna start charging for it if it works."

Charles nodded. "I am only coming because you said some of those letters are explicit. I do love me a woman that can talk nasty."

.

Women were insane! Completely and utterly insane!

Charles stared in shock at the letter from a fifty year old woman from some country who had described in detail how she would let him tie her down and spread every part of her body for him and he could insert whatever he wanted anywhere. Just as long as he paid her upfront.

"Definitely a prostitute," Osam said as he opened a letter after Charles had read his.

"I strictly asked for 20-34, not above!"

"You think fifty is the worst? I have read one from an eighty year old. She doesn't even want the money. She said all she wanted was for you to have sex with her until she suffered a heart attack and died."

Charles snorted as he picked up a letter in a pink envelope. This one looked promising and he sniffed it. It smelled like summer and spring and at the seal were the marks of a red lipstick. He slowly ripped the letter open.

"Listen to this one," Osam interrupted him. "I am 15 years old but I am willing to learn how to take care of you and I will do whatever you want me to do to and for you. Pretty sure this one was forced to write this."

Charles rolled his eyes and turned back to his letter. He pulled from it a crisp white piece of paper and slowly unfolded the letter. The writing was very neat and there was not a single smudge or dirt on the paper. Charles smiled.

He started reading.

"Dear Mr. Rich, handsome and tall. My name is Elena Touré."

He frowned and turned to Osam. "What nationality do you think she is? That's a very weird last name."

"Could be any nationality. You did not exactly state what nationality you preferred but dont worry. She could be French for all you know."

Charles turned back to his letter. "My name is Elena Touré. I am 26 years old and I live in Vaal City." Charles smiled. "Vaal City is literally not too far from here!"

"Just shut up and read," Osam said, annoyed.

"I am a nurse at the local hospital and in as much as you have stated that you would be interested in a woman willing to become a housewife, I would very much still like to keep my job while doing all that you have stated in your post. I am of slightly fair skin with big black curly hair and curves to die for." Charles turned to Osam. "I want her-"

"You haven't even finished reading!"

Charles continued reading. "I am quite tall for a woman but if you are as tall as you make it sound, you have no reason to worry about me. I am not skinny but I am not fat either, just in the middle. I like reading, dancing  and taking care of animals when I am not working and my favorite past time is to go horse back riding. I am a farm girl as you have already guessed i am sure."

"She almost sounds perfect!" Osam exclaimed.

"Shut up and let me finish. As Elena Touré, I got interested in your ad because my past relationships have not exactly worked out and I am looking for someone that has their priorities in order. Considering that you mentioned that you are rich, I am assuming you are a man that knows what he wants. I am a woman who knows what she wants too and what I want is you."

"Definitely a madame in the bedroom," Osam whispered.

"I have no kids and I fit the profile you are looking for. If you are interested, please write to me at the postal address listed at the back of the envelope. With Love, Elena."

Charles stared in wonder at the letter. "Your correspondence nonsense worked! This woman...yes. I'm keeping this letter-"

"But we're not even halfway through-"

"You can burn the rest of the letters. How do I continue with this....whatever it is?"

"Now you just write to each other and hopefully it will move to calls until you officially decide to meet. And then you can decide where to go from there."

Charles grinned. "Well, you can publish that I have chosen."

"Well, ok-where are you going?"

"To go and write to my future wife." Charles grabbed his hat and jacket then walked out of the office.