|| 𝘌𝘱𝘪𝘭𝘰𝘨𝘶𝘦 ||

Start from the beginning

"Okay." Mark gave her a weak smile and a small nod, telling her that he was going to be okay alone. So Callie walked back inside. "Natalia, I will love you until all the stars in the universe burn out." He whispered as he looked up at the sky again.

And then he walked back inside, knowing that Amber was going to need him. Knowing that Iris and little Sam, that was the name of the baby boy Natalie gave birth to, was going to need a strong father. 

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:⠀ *⋆.*:・゚ .: ⋆*・゚: .⋆

One Month Later

"Mark, you don't have to come with me. I'll be fine." Amber said as she tried to fit one of the boxes in the car. It was the time to start her new life at New York. And there was no way Mark was going to leave her alone.

"No, I am coming. We are not discussing it." He said and turned to Arizona and Callie who were standing on the porch. Iris and Sam were going to stay with them for a few days until Mark would get back. "Are you two sure that you're going to be okay with three babies for a week?" He asked them.

"We're almost sure." Arizona joked. "Come on Sofia and Iris are just going to play all day and little Sam here is an angel. That baby never cries, I am in love with him." She said and softly played with the newborn in her embrace.

"Hey buddy." Mark took Sam in his embrace. "I'll be back before you know it." He paused as he looked at Sam's eyes. "You just had to have your mother's eyes, didn't you?" He whispered. But Arizona, who was standing close to him, heard him. It was hard for her to believe that her friend was not there anymore. But she was going to keep her promise to her, to take care of the family she had left behind. That was the one thing Natalie had asked from her. And Arizona was already keeping her promise by watching over Iris and Sam while Mark was travelling to New York with Amber. 

"Amby!" Iris yelled as she starting running towards her sister. The little girl had already learnt to walk all those months, and Natalie was lucky enough to witness that. She had learnt many new words and her sister's name was her favourite one.

"Hey!" Amber walked upstairs to the porch and hugged her sister. "I'll be back before you know it. I promise."

"Mama?" Iris asked with wide eyes, there was a person missing from her life the last month and she had noticed. 

Amber hadn't learnt how to talk about her mother without breaking down. So there was a small pause between them and Iris was looking at her sister with watery eyes. "Mama is... mama is a star in the sky watching over us." Amber said, but it didn't seem like Iris understood anything. So she let it go and moved over to play with a flower. 

"Hey sweetie, will you give dada a kiss?" Mark bent down at where Iris was standing and pointed at his cheek. Iris gave him a kiss and he gave her one back on her head. "I'll be back soon, okay? For now you stay with your two amazing godmothers, okay?"

"Okay!" Iris said excitedly, not because she understood what her father had told her but because it was one of the words she could repeat. And then she started messing up the flowers in the porch, not having a care about the world.

"Amber, you got everything?" Mark asked as he put one last box in the car. 

"Yeah, I just wanted to get one of mom's dresses. Maybe I shouldn't." Amber hesitated. 

"The one on the couch?" Mark asked her. "I already packed it. I can send you more once you settle in." He told her. It was one of the ways Amber could keep her mother close to her.