1

The party was in full swing.

Kylie and Ezekiel's wedding was something Chico would talk about for weeks to come. Who knew that amidst the exciting affair, Josephine and Niall would announce that they had a baby on the way? 

This elated the new bride, causing her to leap from the table she was opening presents at and enveloped the new mother in a hug. 

"Congratulations! When you asked for an announced, never could have guessed it would be this. All my best friends are having kids... Ezekiel when is it our turn?" 

The man merely groaned, eyeing the cake in front of him. Oh, the tough brute definitely wanted a child. Was just too proud to say so.

"One day at a time, eh woman?" 

All our friends and family laughed in unison, gathering on the dance floor. Some pop track pounded against the speakers, making Brendan and his beau jump like a pair of energetic troublemakers. 

This was indeed a wonderful night, however, I couldn't help but worry about Eleanor. Would she be okay with the babysitter? Was she crying out for me? 

Was the-? 

With a crackle, the microphone on the front stage emanated with sound. A group stood huddled together, pressing their lips against the object. 

No. That couldn't be...

"KYLIE, YOU TRAITOROUS BITCH!" 

None other than Ellie, Annie, and Nora stood at the podium. Faces fixed in stern glares, they were nothing but drunk fools. 

How dare they come and make a spectacle out of such a joyous occasion! 

"Hey!" Brendan shouted. "You weren't invited- get down from there!" 

"Yeah," Annie went on, fluffing her cleavage, "Why weren't we invited, friend? Think you're better than us now that you've found such a good guy? Became close with the enemy?" 

Without much thought, I knew she was talking about me. Geez. How long could someone hold a grudge for? 

Ellie frowned, running a hand through her hair.  

"Agreed. We were friends at a time... What changed?"

Like she was following code, Nora teetered on sparkly heels, dragging the microphone to her lips. 

"She dropped you because she couldn't face up to what she did. Do you all remember the sex tape poor Hero filmed while so in love with Kristina? Kylie wanted the dirty whore to feel pain!" 

No. This wasn't good. Instantly, the whole of the party-goers eyed the tight group on the floor with interest.

Somehow our parents had been naive to the recording, but now... 

It was out in the open. 

Before the sorority girls could go on with their charade, someone disconnected the chord from the adjoining speakers. 

My husband stared down his ex- conspirators with hate in his gaze. Nora tried to work her magic, jiggling her fake breasts, but he was having none of it. 

Looking back to my friends, I saw that Kylie's face was streaked with fresh tears. As Ezekiel ran to her side, we all attempted to console her. 

"Don't listen to a word they said!" 

"You're better than that!" 

"This is your goddamn wedding night! Kick the losers out!" 

None of our compliments helped the matter even with Annie and her cohorts gone- 

She rushed out of the ballroom, her new hubby tight on her heels. 

Well... Happy New Year. 

Yay fourth book!!

So excited to post more.

Do you think Kylie's old friends have something up their sleeve?

Don't forget to vote and comment loves 😍😍