7

Author's Note: Hi everyone! Please refer to this video of Mark to get a better idea of how he sang the song in this scene. Thank you!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vUxQuL1u7Q

I woke up the next morning in my own bed, wearing different pajamas from the night before. I smiled to myself, remembering what happened the night before.

It was only 8am, but I could hear the sound of my piano in the living room.

I slowly opened the door and saw Mark playing around with some chords, humming to himself.

I sat down next to him on the piano bench as he continued to play the same chord progression.

He began to sing:

"The first feeling of the look in your eyes

Was it my own misunderstanding alone?

With your bright smile, you turned me into a fool.

The day you left from my side, the pink rays of

countless memories harbored in my heart.

Faded into blue.

You, who left yesterday, I hated myself who could not forget about you.

But now I realize, I could say I was yours only.

For you who is coming back, I will give my everything.

For us to be as it is forever. Shall not be apart.

I, only you, because I love you."

The song ended and tears fell from my eyes. I had never been this happy in my life. I was so lucky to have someone like him.

"Did you like it? I practiced it all night for you," Mark asked, giving me a soft kiss on the lips.

I nodded, "I love it so much."

"Did you know, my dad actually proposed to my mom years ago with this song?" he smiled.

I shook my head, "That's so sweet."

He nodded, "And one day, when we're both ready, I'll be doing the same with you."

I smiled, "But, the lyrics are quite sad aren't they? I won't leave you."

"I know, I know," he laughed, "But, I just wanted you to remember that even if life happens and we can't be together, through this song, we'll find each other again."

I nodded, smiling brightly at him as he hugged me tightly. Everything felt perfect in that moment.

// A few weeks later //

I had just finished my afternoon class before heading to SM to see Jaehyun and Mark. They had invited me for a small pizza party the members were hosting.

I took the bus to the company and presented the ID that Mark and Jaehyun had gotten for me in order to enter.

I pressed the elevator button and quickly got in, but before I could press the level button, a beautiful girl just about my age entered with me.

She was wearing jeans, a cropped bralette, and a sweater that was cropped at the chest line. I couldn't help but think that that was probably the newest fashion trend.

She had a good amount of makeup on, her skin was smooth and clear like other idols, and her eyes were sparkling from the glitter on her eyeshadow. It seemed like she had just gotten back from a performance.

"Hi! Level 2, please," she said, pointing to the buttons.

I clicked Level 2 and as the elevator slowly rose up, I froze. I was also going to Level 2.

Maybe she was one of the newer idols from SM?

I got off before her and was shocked to hear her footsteps trailing behind me. NCT's practice room was at the end of the hallway, and by the time that there were only a few rooms left, I could still hear her.

I opened the door to the practice rooms and saw the 127 boys hanging around as I smelled a whiff of pizza in the air.

"Eunji!!" they all yelled, almost finished with opening up the boxes.

To my surprise, the girl also entered the room with me and the boys quickly turned around.

They all looked shocked.

Did they know her?

"Yah! Kang Mina!" Yuta yelled, running to give her a hug.

Kang Mina? The actress and the former idol from Gugudan?

Mark grabbed my hand, "Hey baby. How are you?"

I was still feeling overwhelmed by the chaos, "U-uhm, I'm good! Who's that girl?"

"U-uh."

"What the fuck, Yuta? You invited Mark's ex to our party?" Haechan angrily asked.

Ex? Oh no.

Yuta smirked, "What? I can't have a best friend either? Only Jaehyun?"

I looked at Mark's expression. He was pale and looked like he had just seen a ghost. The rest of the members looked angry as well, staring at Yuta.

"Mark. What's going on," I asked worriedly, my heart pounding from my chest.

He dragged me out of the room and sat me down on the chairs outside of the room.

"Mina...is my ex-girlfriend. I dated her when I was still 18. It was puppy love and stupid. I broke up with her after I found out she was cheating," he explained, looking down out of embarrassment.

I was in shock. I didn't know what to say. After a few "too good to be true" months with him, I was in awe.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner, babe. She's been out of my life for years and Yuta promised not to bring her," he said, rubbing my shoulder to comfort me.

I nodded, "I know, I trust you. It's just...we've told each other everything. I didn't see this coming."

"Baby I know. I know," he said, hugging me tightly.

"Eunji?" Jaehyun said, exiting the practice room.

I looked at him. He was angry.

"You bastard. How dare you not tell her?!" Jaehyun angrily asked Mark, grabbing him by the collar.

"W-wait, guys. No," I stammered, trying to break the two up.

I was confused. I didn't know why Jaehyun was this mad.

"She was out of my life. You know that," Mark said, angrily pushing Jaehyun away, "I would never hurt Eunji."

"If you hurt her, Mark Lee, you're messing with the wrong person," Jaehyun replied, entering into the practice room again, slamming the door.

"Mark, I swear I'm okay. I'm just in shock, I'm not hurt," I reassured him, trying not to add onto his and Jaehyun's fight.

He nodded, "I'm so sorry," embracing me again.