Chapter 20: Mix Signals

Start from the beginning

"It is your choice whether you want to get protected from this deadly virus or live with fear,"

"But I assure you that this vaccine will protect you from Kogue"

— 한 리사 —

"Lisa you shouldn't have pitched your voice to them, what do you think will happen after this?" Professor kim told me while both of us are walking towards the production of the vaccine we created.

It's been a week after that live broadcast of my talk with WHO. Everyone has their own opinion about my sudden outburst in front of the camera, but most of them are supporting me, because of the protection rate of the vaccine we created is exceptional.

But there also those who look at us as the source and the one who spread the virus so fast, they said we mutated the virus to spread like a wildfire in the forest.

There are also those who says that we should be held accountable for what we did to the world but what are their claims to suspect us right?

And thanks to that scumbag the percentage of those who wanted to take the shot of the vaccine had gone down a little.

"Im sorry for making you worry Professor, but I didn't regret snapping at that scumbag," I said.

"But this is the vaccine that could save the world we are talking about," "I don't want you to ruin your own reputation and the work that you dedicated your whole life into," He said, that had me stop from walking.

"I know that professor, but I don't want to put those 300k viewers who watches the live conversation a false information because that is what they want professor," "they want me to stay silent so they can reveal their own vaccine that they've been doing behind our back"

"I heard from the US Branch that they're creating their own vaccine without crediting us for the research, Professor," I said.

"Those shit! so that's what they want huh?" "To take the credits for saving the world when they saw the protection rate?" "I knew better that they only watch us in surveillance to follow the process" Professor Kim cursed.

"So what are we going to do with them?" He asked.

"I don't know Professor, we can't stop them from creating new set of vaccine, it is their right," "Even other countries are creating their own as well," I said, and we both sigh leaving a second of silence between us until,

"Professorr!!!"

"Ms Han!!"

The senior scientist named Min Joo running towards us catching our full attention.

"What is it Min Joo?" Professor Kim asked.

"The WHO is on live!"

I was surprised and all of us run towards the research department to watch the live on the big screen attached on the wall.

"With the continues increase of numbers of this Kogue cases, we present to you the trustworthy and more accurate vaccine with a protection rate of 99.3%, higher than South Korea's 99.1%. Those 0.2% is just a little higher in percentage but rest assure it will protect you better than the other vaccine" "In just few months we will make sure that the whole USA and the whole world will be free from the virus that South Korea itself should take accountable for all the casualties from this deadly virus" The spokesperson stood up from his sit and bow his head with the flashing camera.