Chapter 72 | battered but brave

Start from the beginning

"Is it... still there?" He asked.

"At the moment yes, it's kind of mangled though. Your parents were here a while ago and they're talking to doctors about what to do. In the end it's your choice through, you can take it out or close it up. But there's no way of repairing sight in that eye. I don't know what the charges for Felix and Lila are yet since I've been in here the whole time too but I hope they charge Felix for what he did to you" Adrien explained.

Surprisingly, Luka actually wasn't that devastated about the loss of sight in his eye. He was more shocked than anything. But being the optimist he was he figured that as long as he could still see in his left eye, he should be fine right? If he needed extra help now he was half blind he was sure Adrien would be glad to. Who knows? Maybe he could even get a guide dog friend?

"Huh... you know I'm not so much sad more like... shocked I guess" Luka admitted.

"I guess it's a pretty confusing thing to go though, I don't blame you. Your parents will be back in the morning and you and a doctor will talk about it with them. There's one other detail though..."

Luka gave Adrien a head tilt, wondering what on earth else could there be on this wild day to add to the dumpster fire.

"We couldn't hide the fact we're the heroes from our parents anymore. Nathalie was able to get us medical treatment without spilling it to the public, but our parents? We couldn't hide it. They'd find out eventually since it was pretty obvious what happened. So Marinette told her parents she's ladybug, I told Lilith and Delilah I'm cat noir and your parents were informed you're Viperion. All of them agreed to keep it secret though" Adrien explained.

Luka was known for hating secrets, so this was actually a rather good thing for him. It felt like a massive weight lifted off his chest, and he let out a sigh of relief.

"Oh thank god. It was getting hard keeping that from my parents... always having to make excuses and feeling bad for missing important things. I guess it was bound to happen sooner or later Huh?" Luka said.

"Yeah, I guess it was unavoidable. But luckily, the public will never find out. Other than that... that's all that's happened since you were hit. We've just been sleeping since you came out of surgery" Adrien replied.

Luka lay back into the pillows and sighed like he'd just run a marathon. He felt like he could finally have a proper break from all the mess and craziness this year and thrown at him. Adrien squeezed into bed next to him, and rested his head on Lukas chest.

Lukas heart rate jumped slightly when he did that, making the heart monitor beep a little faster.

"Aw can't get enough of me can you?" Adrien joked.

"We may have been dating for a while but you still never fail to give me butterflies" Luka smiled.

"I'm so glad this is all over. We can finally just be normal teenagers, go to school, go on dates, occasionally make a few superhero appearances, sleep in..."

"We'll have a lot more time on our hands now there's no villains. Crime won't go away but helping a few police investigations will be a lot faster than an akuma attack"

"How about once we get out of hospital, and we're well enough to go do things again we go on an actual proper date. It's been months together and everything has been such a mess we still haven't even done that yet" Adrien suggested.

After a year of running away, missing persons cases, family drama, coming out, getting together, Gabriel getting arrested, Felix and Lila getting the miraculous, coming back to the public to testify, getting adopted, and defeating Hawkmoth... they needed one normal day as normal kids doing normal things.

"That sounds good, we need a regular day for once" Luka smiled.

Adrien looked up at him, a slight worried look in his gaze.

"By the way... will you please get therapy about all this? I know how bad trauma is after everything that happened and after that fight... I'm worried about you" Adrien said.

It was no secret getting literally kidnapped and having your life threatened would give you some scars, Luka hadn't even really processed it yet since he just woke up. But after the hell Adrien went through he knew that trauma wasn't fun, and he should take Adriens advice to help deal with it better.

"Yeah, I probably should. Honestly nothing feels real at the moment but judging from your experiences I'm in for one hell of a ride..." Luka sighed.

"I know I'm not the best mentally, I'm scared of my own shadow at this point... but I'll help you the best I can ok?" Adrien replied.

They were just kids after all. Kids who have been to the ends of the earth for each other and needed as much support as they could get.

"We'll get though it all, together. Thank you for protecting me Adrien, I love you" Luka smiled.

"I love you too" Adrien replied.

They'd kissed many times before, but it was always moments like this that made a kiss feel the best. Their lips met, tired and beaten, but full of love and determination.

They'd get though it, together.