Chapter 56 | confront

Adrien was taking a risky move.

He was going to try and see if he could get some kind of information out of Felix.

After the mess of the trail and sentencing he hadn't been able to see his aunt and cousin yet, until today. He was stepping back into the Agrest household with Nathalie to talk to them about everything that happened. He knew that he Amilie would at least be glad to see him, she was his mothers twin and cared deeply for the son of her late twin.

Felix? Yeah he might be a bit colder...

But at least he could see his aunt.

"Adrien my darling! Oh I missed you so much I'm so glad you're ok" she gushed practically the second Adrien walked in.

"Hey aunt Amilie, I missed you too. I'm so sorry for causing so much worry but-" he began.

"Darling you don't need to apologise for anything. If I had known what Gabriel was doing to you I would have stepped in, I'm so sorry I wasn't around to help. Although I understand completely why you didn't come into our custody, the trail and situation was very difficult"

Amilie did know about the hawkmoth plan, but she truthfully didn't know anything about the abuse. She and Felix were completely in the dark about it until recently, she cared for her nephew like she cared for her son, when she found out she definitely wanted to tear Gabriel a new one.

Although the situation was complicated. Gabriel being her sisters husband and all, it was like a massive betrayal what he did. She thought she could trust him and now her twin is dead and her son is abused because of Gabriel.

The group gathered in the lounge, where Felix was busy with his nose in a book. Adrien was skeptical of him, but tried to act natural.

"Felix! I missed you..." he said.

Felix's usual cold stare softened, it was all for show of course they both knew that. But if pretending kept the peace they'd let each other pretend.

"I was so worried about you Adrien! I'm glad you're ok" Felix replied.

They sat around the coffee table, and a family catch up began.

"Nathalie darling are you feeling ok? That was quite the faint" Amilie asked.

"Im alright. I've been put on some medication that stabilises me, no need to worry about me. Adrien are you ok? Your legs aren't too bad are they?" Nathalie replied.

"I feel a lot better. I still have bad days but for the most part I'm ok. Getting treatment really helped" he answered.

"I do remember you complaining of leg pains as a kid but you and Felix were so active and always running around and tripping over that your mother and I assumed you'd just worn yourself out" Amilie said.

Adrien didn't really blame his family for not catching the pains sooner, since it had only gotten worse recently. But he absolutely blamed his dad for ignoring the concerns when Adrien bought it up.

"Also, Adrien you have a boyfriend now?" Amilie began in a teasing tone.

Adrien blushed at the sudden mention of Luka. He was still getting used to the whole boyfriend thing. Sure they'd been together for a long time now but the public had only known for a few weeks.

"O-oh! Yeah I do..." he stammered.

"Aw, you two are so sweet. His words about you when he took the stand were beautiful he clearly adores you. I'm so glad you have someone as sweet as him" his aunt cooed.

"He's done so much for me, I really love him... and thanks for not having a bad reaction like uh... like Gabriel would have"

"Darling I can assure you that as long as you're safe and happy you can date anyone you want. And I know for a fact your mother would think the same. Plus, you two are just so cute"