Chapter 57 | broken body

Adrien felt like he'd been thrown in a washing machine and tossed around and around and around this year. The year was almost over and in that time he'd gotten his whole life changed and turned upside down.

By now he'd been able to come to terms with the fact he's senti, forgiven Nathalie, disowned his father and fixed things with ladybug. He'd made major progress in his safety and well-being now that he was under the care of Lilith and Delilah. Not to mention the amazing help that Luka had been to him.

Now he had Felix to worry about, which was like final boss of the year or something.

But there was a side quest that had been bothering him for a while.

His body.

Tonight he'd decided to take a bath, needing to give his sore legs a break from standing. And he sat in the warm soapy water leaning against the side of the bath looking in the bathroom mirror. His now long hair had been twisted into a bum, the tips still black from the dye he'd put in it when he ran.

Every time he saw his reflection he got an uneasy feeling. Scars from being kicked by his father littered his arms, there was a smaller one on his cheek from the impact of the slap. His thighs were covered in scars from tbe self destructive anxious scratching. Luckily he'd managed to shake that habit, but the scars will forever remain. He was covered in them.

And it wasn't just the scars that bothered him, it was well... everything.

All his life he'd been forced into the pretty boy model appearance for the brand, and now he was finally able to be himself he was having a hard time finding it. He'd gotten his sense of fashion down, he did pretty much the second he left. He didn't mind the longer hair, he liked it actually.

But there was still something about him that held the pretty boy model look that made him queasy.

Now he was at the point in healing where he'd gotten past the worst of it, he was left with all the deeper things he hadn't thought about before. He didn't like his body, something about it felt wrong. Maybe it was the fact he could still see the model brand in him, maybe it was the fact he's growing up and his body his changing rapidly, maybe it's just the scars and Eyebags.

Whatever it was, he didn't like it.

Sighing, he'd been sitting in the bath long enough for the water to start to get cold so he thought now was the time to get out.

Drying off and draining the bath, his legs aches a bit today making him lean on the sink for support as he pulled his pyjamas on. The weather was in that strange spot where the cold was dying out and the warm was coming in, so he wore shorts and one of Lukas hoodies he stole as pyjamas.

He carried out his usual night routine, brushing teeth and skin care on his scars and such. Taking medication for his legs while he was at it.

"You seem quiet kiddo, what's up?"

Plagg had been busy with cheese all this time, and it seemed he was finally done with it and came to check on his holder.

"Tired" Adrien stated, flatly.

"Don't blame you, it's been busy recently. Man I kinda wanna go to bed too" Plagg replied.

"You know Plagg, I bet you'd fit in a dollhouse bed. I could get Delilah to make you one... you know under the excuse of it being for a doll"

"Well I do like snuggling with you, but you're a restless sleeper and have almost squished me a few times... so my own mini bed seems like a nice backup"

Snickering slightly, Adrien couldn't argue he was a restless sleeper.

"I'll ask her then. In fact I uh... need to see her now about something else. I'll come to bed in but just sleep without me" Adrien said.