Chapter 62 | media and closure

As if the world didn't hate Gabriel already, now that Adriens little anonymous tip has hit the news, the world was screaming. More charges were added to his sentence, there was zero way he'd ever make it out of prison now.

Adrien did the obligatory teary eyed 'I can't believe he's hawkmoth' interview with the media when they came to him, acting as if he wasn't cat noir and knew all along. And now that the world knew, investigators went straight to the family household and quickly found the lair under the house, Emilies body and all the evidence they needed.

Of course, Ladybug and Cat Noir were bought into the investigation and anything that seemed like it was of importance of being miraculous related with turned over to Ladybug as guardian. Although there really want anything useful, just a bunch of butterflies and some papers on the miraculous they they already knew about through Nathalie.

There was a catch to making this public though, the whole Agreste family and everyone in relation to them was being closely watched in case they had Gabriel's missing miraculouses. While it was good for Ladybug and Cat, meaning Felix and Lila would be under close eye by authorities and if they slipped up it was game over. Adrien also felt kind of bad that the members of his family that weren't involved like his aunt as well as the former Agreste staff like Nathalie were being basically spied on.

But, they'd thrown the trail back to Nathalie as the original Mayura ages ago when she swapped sides. And if Amilie wasn't involved in anything then she wouldn't have anything to worry about.

Adrien has successfully backed Felix and Lila into a corner, if they did anything stupid not only work LB and Cat know, the world would.

All he had to do now was wait for a chance to get close enough to steal the miraculous back off them. And with all the suspicion in the media and stress, it was bound to happen soon.

There was another bonus to come out of this situation, now that the lair had been exposed... they could finally put Emilie to rest properly. No more weird glass coffin displaying her embalmed body, no more disrespecting her in death.

The two people who legally had a say in what they did with the body were her sister and son. Adrien and Amalie had the final word, so they decided together that to avoid any of Gabriel's tricks that he may attempt one day, and to have her with them at all times, they'd cremate her.

That way they should split the ashes, Adrien gets some and Amilie gets some. The two closest to her would keep her safe and respected after death and she'd be away from Gabriel's filthy hands.

And when Luka heard about the cremation, he had an idea.

By now Adrien had processed the death of his mother, but loosing a parent you loved so much will always sting. With Adriens permission he asked if he could make him something for his share of the ashes, and Adrien trusting Luka with his life, let him do so.

"Juels tell mum I'll be back later, I'm picking up Adriens present"

"Ok, dads coming tomorrow so don't stay out too late"

Luka waved his sister off and jumped on his bike to head to the jewellers and then to Adriens place. The streets were rather quiet today, unusual since school holidays had just started. But he didn't blame students for wanting a week of the holiday to sleep off the school year. He could hardly believe the year was almost over actually, next year he and Adrien would be in senior school and everything.

The quiet streets meant no akuma threats today, and quicker transport times. So today was a good day for Luka.

"Sass, can you text Adrien I'll be over soon? My phones in my bag" Luka asked his Kawmi as he rode his bike.