Chapter 63 | calm before the storm

Things felt perfect...

Too perfect.

It was like when there was a break in akuma attacks before a big battle back when Gabriel was hawkmoth. The lack of recent attacks since Lilias fuck up told Adrien that something was going to happen. He didn't like this, it gave him anxiety as if he needed any more of it.

Standing atop one of the taller buildings of the city, Cat Noir watched over like a silent guardian of sorts. He just knew that something was coming... something was going to happen. He felt like an idiot for getting carried away with that kiss on the rooftop with Luka. The news knew about Viperion and Cat Noir's romance and under any other circumstances he wouldn't care. But the fact Luka could potentially be used as bait to get to him since it was public knowledge...

That worried him.

"Kitty it's late, patrol ended ages ago. Ladybug said it's fine for the night-" Luka said, watching his kitten concerned.

"I know... I just feel like somethings going to happen..." he replied.

"I understand that but even if something does happen we have the upper hand remember?"

Adrian sighed, getting off the railing of the building and turning to Luka.

"I know but this is Felix and Lila... Felix won't go down without a fight and Lila would do anything to see ladybug dead. I'm just worried for you guys, Lila's targeting Mari and Felix will probably target you. They both know either way I'll be affected by it. I'm the weak point here..." Adrien rambled.

"Hey, there is one thing they don't have" Luka replied.

Adrien looked up at him, slightly confused.

"Knowledge... we know more about the miraculous than they do, and we know their identities. Ladybug was able to make the magic charms and get a power up, so who's to say you can't? If worst comes to worst I'm sure one hell of a cataclysm would set things straight" Luka explained.

Adrien looked down at his hands. Luka was right, they did have the ability to power up if they needed to. Felix and Lila didn't know a thing about that, all it would take is some major anger and concentration for him to cause a city destroying cataclysm.

That was a last resort though, he didn't want to hurt anyone in the process.

Whatever they were planning, he just hoped it didn't involve anything earth shattering...

Under the cover of night the two I'm question had snuck out past their bedtime, and met in a dark alley. Felix had a plan...

"Alright you got me out here this late, what is it?" Lila sighed.

"Do you want ladybug gone or what?"

"Yeah yeah, just get on with it"

"Listen... I think I know who they are..." Felix said.

Lila was definitely listening now, this could change everything.

"Oh? Who are they?" She asked.

"I have reason to believe that Cat Noir is Adrien. You see... we both have connections to the peacock through Gabriel's previous use of it. He wasn't aware of it at the time but after his disappearance he became aware of it. When he came back and we met up again we talked about the whole Gabriel thing and it all started to make sense. Cat noir vanishes the same time Adrien does? Adrien isn't spotted leaving the house when he ran away because he was Cat Noir when he did. How else would he have found out about Gabriel if he didn't already know about how miraculous' work? His excuses had me for a bit, I'll admit that. But the more I think about it..." Felix explained.