|| 70 ||

𝘍𝘪𝘯𝘢𝘭𝘦 𝘗𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘐𝘐

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:⠀ *⋆.*:・゚ .: ⋆*・゚: .⋆

"You won't run away from me, will you?" Natalie was in Iris' room, she was standing over the crib, just staring at her daughter and her was staring back to her mother. She couldn't understand anything that was happening. She only knew that the person watching over her was her 'mama'.  "You're so beautiful my girl." She whispered and caressed Iris' hand. "Never doubt that." She continued. "There are two things I want you to remember. To never settle for second best, never. And that I love you so much that no matter where I am, you will always be able to feel it."

A tears slipped her eyes but she tried to not let the emotions consume her.

And that was when Mark entered the room. He hadn't really went anywhere when he stormed out of the house. He just stood at the porch trying to understand why and how any of those things were happening. "Natalia." Mark whispered when he entered the room. "I'm sorry for storming out like that." He apologised and walked over at her.

"It's okay." Natalie reassured him. It wasn't possible that she was going to be mad at him. "I am sorry for not telling you sooner, but I was trying to..."

"No, you don't have to explain." Mark interrupted her, because part of him could understand why she couldn't tell them what was happening. "We'll figure it out baby, we'll give you time and..."

"No, we won't Mark." This time Natalie cut him off. Their voices so soft as they spoke, even if they were taking about something so important. But they didn't want to disturb Iris. "Because the only thing that can help right now is radiation, but..." She paused, remembering that she was not alone. She paused as she remembered Derek's words from that morning. The morning she found out the truth. "I'm pregnant." She confessed. "So the baby's health is the most important thing right now."

"What?" Mark asked for the second time this night. Just right when he thought he had the whole information.

"We should put her to sleep." Natalie said instead and then she started singing at Iris. "Baby mine don't you cry. Baby mine dry your eyes. Rest your head close to my heart. Never to part, baby of mine."

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:⠀ *⋆.*:・゚ .: ⋆*・゚: .⋆

"Amber is locked in her room and she's not talking." This time the couple were back to their bedroom. Natalie was sitting on the bed with her hands crossed and rested on her legs. Mark was pacing around the room, not able to understand anything. "I mean I don't blame her, she got accepted in the university she wanted to go from the start and I just ruined it for her." She whispered, thinking about her daughter all alone in the room, probably crying because life was just too hard at them.