Chapter 13:: Precious

Author's POV: 

"So, you mean. You heard her talking to someone on the phone and she was badmouthing you. And you don't understand WHY it's bothering you so much but it is." Jin spoke as Taehyung nodded.
"No- it's not like I'm VERY bothered. But like- you know, like- as a boss. It's kinda..." He spoke as Jin sighed saying, "It looks like you're VERY much bothered though."
"No! It's not like that-" Taehyung was speaking but Jin cut him off saying, "Shut up you dumb*ss! Just admit it's bothering you. Not admitting it won't change that you're bothered by it." Taehyung scratched his neck and sighed.
"And not being bothered by that would make you inhumane. Don't you agree?" Jin asked as Taehyung replied, "Why.. you told me not to care about others' opinions." 

Jin scoffed saying, "You ask for a beating." Taehyung adjusted his voice as Jin spoke, "Listen now. Don't beat around the bush. From what I know, YOU are the root of all problems. I mean, I know it's just your character- annoying people. But shouldn't you know when to be considerate and when to joke around? You are so bad at reading the room. Moreover, with Sam, I don't think I saw you bothering him as MUCH as you bother Y/N. I mean, it's so obvious. What makes you think she would badmouth you for no reason?" Jin asked as Taehyung fiddled his fingers.
"But I'm her boss-" Taehyung spoke as Jin replied, "Boss who has no professionalism? Either you HATE her to death- or you have feelings for her. Though the latter one is a little unusual, you're sus." Taehyung's eyes widened a little hearing Jin. He frowned in disbelief as Jin spoke again, 

"But your feelings won't matter. Because I know Y/N well. Once she badmouths someone, it means, that person is dead. She probably hates you to death. I think she despises you. It's unlike her to badmouth someone." Jin spoke as Taehyung gulped a little.
"You messed up real bad, Kim," Jin spoke as Taehyung coughed awkwardly before looking down. Suddenly, he asked, "How do I make up for it then?" Jin smirked seeing his younger brother before patting his head.

--Time skip 

"Y/Nah. What are you planning to do today~ It's a weekend~~" Mina spoke as you replied, "Nothing much to be honest. I'm just thinking of handing in the work before Sunday. Mr Kim asked me to finish it." She frowned saying, "Since when did you care so much about that guy?"
"It's not exactly that I care about him... but more like- I care about my payment. You see, It's been over a month I've been working there. And I do think I get good pay. So, yeah." You spoke as she giggled.

"I thought your boss was just a literal nuisance. But yesterday when we were on a phone call, your words made me pretty confused. It sounded just like a drama!" Mina spoke as you thinned your lips saying, "Don't even remind me of that. You know, after I finished talking to you and handed him the files, he was looking so quiet and hesitant. Then he just asked me to go home politely. He's weird, no joke!" She thought about what you said for a while.

"But what if he heard you? I mean, why would a lively noisy person suddenly be quiet and polite?? I think he heard you and probably misunderstood something." She said as you frowned.
"That can't be... He isn't someone to keep quiet when he hears someone badmouthing him. I heard this from Ms Ko, one day, he heard an employee talking bad about him and then he acted strangely and almost fired the man. I wonder what he said but whatever he said, Mr Kim probably overreacted. Moreover, I wasn't badmouthing him, I was just- stating a few facts. It's not like I hate him, right?" You said as Mina nodded.

"Hmm. Then, even I don't know. It's not like he likes you or something, that's too unrealistic, to be honest. But other than that, I can't find any reason for him to be quiet and polite after hearing you considering what you're telling me." Mina said as you nodded. You both thought about it quietly for a while as you spoke, "Ah whatever! Leave it. Not like he's going to keep up that quiet attitude for long. He's just gonna start annoying me in no time!" She chuckled nodding and spoke, "Let's go enjoy some beef bbq and karaoke!!!!!" You nodded excitedly forgetting everything about your work.