"You love it" I reply knowing how much she loves these cheesy comments and gestures.

"As though you know me" she scoffs,  probably trying to cover her flushed state.

"I've known you enough to know that you're having a crimson shade on your cheeks" I say smirking.

"How was college?" she asks, abruptly changing the subject.

I laugh at her cuteness. Damn I miss this woman so much.

"Can you come a bit earlier?" I ask suddenly feeling her absence around me.

"Why are you answering to my question with a question?" she asks making me chuckle again.

"Because I can" I say childishly.

"What are you doing by the way?" I ask before she could speak.

"We are currently at this beautiful park where I come every time I visit my friends."

"I am glad you are having a good time" I say truly happy for her.

She hums in response before speaking again "What are you doing?"

"Sitting in my car at the college parking lot"

"Okay then. I will talk to you later?" she asks.

"I don't mind continuing the talk though" I say immediately, not liking the idea to stop listening to her voice.

"You cannot stay in the parking lot forever. I'll call you in the evening alright?"

"That reminds me, my friends are asking me to come to the bowling place." I inform.

"That's so cool." She replies excited at the idea.

"Send me the pictures of you bowling. I have always wanted to see you play sports..." she trails off not completing her sentence.

"And?" I ask.

"And nothing. I just want to see you play." she concludes her voice sounding flustered.

"What were you thinking while telling me that-- oh right you have already seen me play sports, haven't you?" I ask now realizing the reason behind her shyness.

"Have I?" she asks rhetorically and a bit breathless.

"Do I need to remind you, sweetheart?" I smirk.

"Adam you really need to go back home and my friends are also probably waiting for me." she says hurriedly hanging up the call causing me to laugh out loudly at her adorable antics.

Oh Allah. I love this woman. I love this woman so damn much.

(⁠◍⁠•⁠ᴗ⁠•⁠◍⁠)

All of us cheer Maxwell, as he strikes all the bowling pins. We have been here for more than two hours. I have successfully sent a couple of pictures of me bowling to Maira and my friends won't stop teasing me about it.

Like I care, I don't mind doing the shittiest things if that's what makes Maira happy.

These people do not know the bliss of having the perfect one who is made especially and particularly for you. I am sure once they get their perfect ones they would act just the same way as I do.

Who would have thought that I would become this person? I crave for her voice, her touch or just a glance from her. I cannot keep my hands to myself when I am with her, my heart races when she gives me that charming smile, it does these somersaults when I hear the sound of her laugh.

The way she knows what I need or the way she understands me without having me to tell it to her is just so overwhelming.

I cannot thank Allah enough for sending her in my life. She has played a major part in making me closer to my Lord. Alhamdulillah. I hope she feels the same contentment in having me. I am afraid of her not feeling as special to have me as much as I do to have her.

Cheering voices erupt from my friends, breaking my trance. "I guess we are done here, aren't we guys?" Maxwell asks. He has been my best friend from as long as I can remember. That guy knows me in and out. He appreciates the change in me after I have met Maira and he is somewhat jealous of her because according to him I prioritize her more than him.

She is my wife for Allah's sake man.

"Stop day dreaming about your wife, brother. Your smile is attracting women around here." he whispers putting his head around my neck as we walk out of the bowling place.

I glare at him as I look around and indeed there are people looking towards us. Not just women. Tell him to exaggerate things.

(⁠◍⁠•⁠ᴗ⁠•⁠◍⁠)

I scroll through my phone debating on calling Maira or not. I have spoken to her just for twice today. I guess this would be okay with her friends, wouldn't it be? Mama and baba roll their eyes as they sit across from me in the living room "Talk to her or just keep that phone away" baba huffs.

"You have been in this state from the past hour" Mama adds.

I huff in exhaustion and keep the phone beside me. "I think she is occupied with other stuff and I don't want to disturb her." I explain

"But I want to talk to her. It has been so many hours that I've heard her voice." I say again.

"You were watching her video just a few minutes back" Mama says slyly.

"Wait! You were watching your wife's videos?" Baba asks cutting off mama.

"Yeah because I was missing her" I exclaim sighing exasperatedly.

"Hey Assalamualaikum everyone" Aisha bounces in the room cheerfully.

"Oh Adam you are still here?" she asks confusedly.

"Yes, why?" I ask furrowing my brows at her bizarre question.

"Because Maira had texted me telling that she has arrived here in London an hour back and I thought that you will be going to see her." she says still with a glint of confusion.

My heart speeds up at the thought of seeing her again as I quickly stand up grabbing my keys from the couch. "Really?" I ask getting stupidly excited.

"Yes of course." She says biting her lips trying to control her laugh.

Then it hits me 'Why would Maira not inform me of her coming back early?' I look up at Aisha to see her on the verge of bursting with laughter and the next thing I hear is her loud laugh erupting from her stupid mouth.

"Your face was priceless" she says through her laughs and I glare at her before chasing her all across the living room and then she runs and locks her bedroom door as soon as she enters it, her laughter still booming inside the house.

I had gotten all excited for just nothing and now I really need to see Maira. So I quickly take my phone out from my pocket and video call her.

And I hate how my heart kicks up a notch at the thought of seeing her although if it is just through a screen.

Stupid heart.

。⁠♡------------------ ♡⁠。

Alhamdulillah!!💕

Two chapters in a row😁😀

JazakAllahu Khairan Kaseera for all your lovely comments and votes!!! Thanks a lotttt...looking forward more inshaAllah🤍

Don't forget to hit the star button below and comment🔻🔻🔻

Assalamualaikum until next time inshaAllah💖

~~ Safiya❣️