Hanna chan's promise

A day passed since my parents found out about me taking Judo. I just got home from school when my parents called me to talk at the living room.

"Hanna chan okaasan and I have been meaning to tell you this for a while and I think this can't wait any longer.", otosan told me.
eh?
"Hanna chan, otosan was referred to a job that really pays well and would enable is to have a new start in life.", okasan said.
"That's great Otosan, Okaasan though I don't really know why you've had to wait to tell me that.", I asked very confused.
"Hanna chan.." my father started.
now this is really making me stress out.
"Hanna chan that job is abroad and we've been thinking of moving there for a while."
oh, there it is.
"What do you mean? You want me to leave Japan? Leave Ojisan and Obaasan?"
"Well yes but think about all the thing we could have, a fresh start a new experience, friends even."
friends.. Kumi chan, how am I gonna tell her?
"Can't I just stay here?", I plead
"We want you to have a fresh start and new experiences Hanna and this is the perfect thing for that, please understand." okaasan said to me.
shit.

After that I didn't even realize that tears were rushing out of my eyes till I let out a wail. Ojisan and Obaasan came rushing in already knowing what we talked about, all I could do was clutch on to them for my dear life while a cry and cry and cry. Obaasan occasionally taking strands of my short hair out of my face. A few hours passed Ojisan took me to Kumiko chan's house since Ojisan and Kumi chan's Ojisan were old-old friends. As soon as Kumi chan heard I'd be there she came rushing out with a beaming smile, Kumi chan was no longer a kid she was a young woman. As soon as I saw her I ran to her and clutched on to her almost like how I clutched on my grandparents earlier letting only a few tears out. Kumi chan's grandfather was surprised while my Ojisan told him and Kumi chan what happened. Kumi chan only hugged me tighter, when I looked up at her she smiled at me,

"Let's go play in the backyard Nana chan."

My parents let me stayed the night at kumi chan's place and the whole time all she did was list out the things we would do for the time I have left in Japan before I leave, she had a long list completed with schedules and all that, and for the rest of the night that was all we did, laughing and pretending to be asleep when someone checks on us. The next day Ojisan came to collect me early in the morning since I still had school. The past months became a blur but it was fun since it consisted with Kumi chan collecting me from school and doing the things on her list, everyday even in the weekends. We went to parks, hot springs, aquariums, mountains, Arcades, Bowling alleys, Golfing, the aquarium again, picnics and a lot more. I almost forgot why we were doing all those stuff. But then I remembered, it was a few days before graduation, I almost couldn't believe we actually got to do everything on Kumi chan's list then again it was Kumiko we're talking about. After graduation I was set to fly out of Japan the day after. I was staying at Kumi chan's house the day before and the night of graduation. I mean don't get me wrong besides my grandparents and Kumi chan I'd still miss my school and the friends I made along the way, I was top of the class in the first place so, graduation this is gonna be a lot.

Graduation day arrived and I was the one giving the speech even Kumi chan was there. After the speech while walking down the stage all of my classmates gathered around me and gave sincere regards which pushed me to cry a few tears, give or take. That night was the most peaceful yet stressful night I've ever had, I was scared to start a new but again Kumiko chan made it felt exciting to meet new people and see new crowds. That night Kumiko gave me a necklace, it wasn't much but it was my most valued object ever since. It was a small locket inside was a picture of kumi chan and me the time we had the picnic, one of the many many places we went to, beside that was our initials "h.k." with that I put it on and always took care of it. That night I barely slept not wanting to forget the atmosphere of the place you call home.

The next morning was a huge blur. We were in a van early in the morning Okisan was driving while I was beside Kumi chan fighting sleep. Once we've arrived at the airport I hugged Ojisan and Obaasan tighter than ever they told me to always take care of myself and to remember to write to them.
When it came to Kumi chan she was smiling at me, I almost ran away and almost didn't step foot at the airport. I hugged tight and almost didn't let go. A few minutes later my mother called to me and said it was time to go before I disappear from the airport doors I ran back to Kumiko,

"Kumi chan I promise one day I'll marry you!", I said with a beaming smile."EH!?" After that I ran back to my parents turning back to wave back at them, and then I was gone to a new place, new crowd.

Unedited
Hanna's promise